The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an upshift light that flickers when the car is idling? I'd like to try to fix this myself, if possible, so I don't have to take it to a dealer and hurt the company by making them pay for fixing trivial things.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Joetz said:
Does anyone have an upshift light that flickers when the car is idling? I'd like to try to fix this myself, if possible, so I don't have to take it to a dealer and hurt the company by making them pay for fixing trivial things.
It does this on everycar. Just keep driving and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.
It's not even a problem, but I just wanted to make sure it was normal. I was worried about mentioning it to my dealer because I'd hate to see them bill Lotus for labor if there isn't really anything wrong with the car.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I have never seen that.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Derek said:
I've seen it too. Not all the time, but I have seen it. I don't know what it means if anything?
Yes - from my experience (electronics deisgn - servers, telecom, consumer), it's a very fundamental, basic design rule that red lights are used to convey a serious error condition that requires immediate attention.

I wouldn't brush it off as TADTS, I'd seek a diagnosis from a dealer before dismissing it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
MattG said:
Yes - from my experience (electronics deisgn - servers, telecom, consumer), it's a very fundamental, basic design rule that red lights are used to convey a serious error condition that requires immediate attention.

I wouldn't brush it off as TADTS, I'd seek a diagnosis from a dealer before dismissing it.
Flashing MILP light is serious... Flashing shift light to my knowledge is not.

BTW this is not a server, I know because server can't corner like the Liz:D

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Derek said:
Flashing MILP light is serious... Flashing shift light to my knowledge is not.
It's not just a shift light, it's also tied into the alarm ECU and thus is multi-functional. I don't think we fully understand what else it could be displaying.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Wait a minute. If some of you say it happens on your cars, but others says that it doesn't happen on their cars, then that means somethings not right.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Nope it flickers because it falls below the 875 rpms. This went away for me after a few hundred miles. Just be sure to let your car idle 10-15 sec before driving and before shutting off, ecu should fix it.

Mention to your dealer at service,
Chris

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Nope it flickers because it falls below the 875 rpms. This went away for me after a few hundred miles. Just be sure to let your car idle 10-15 sec before driving and before shutting off, ecu should fix it.

Mention to your dealer at service,
Chris
I've seen mine flicker while driving, not just at idle.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
[KnockingOnWood]

I'm one of the ones that haven't seen the light flicker - at least not yet.

[/KnockingOnWood]

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Wonder if it is related to the AM radio reception problem?

If something isnt grounded or shorting out on the alarm maybe it is causing the alarm upshift light ( arent they the same) to come on and the motion sensor microwave may be causing the am reception to go haywire.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I haven't seen this on mine. Have it checked out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts