The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm going to have it looked into. It's doing it now almost all the time, at any RPM, and it's starting to become an annoying distraction while driving. Besides, in about 100 miles I'll be at the 1000 mile mark and I'll want to rev it up a little. I'll need to be able to count on that light since there is no redline painted on the tach.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I just came back from the dealer this morning. It seems like this is a common problem affecting a lot of owners. From what I understand, Lotus doesn't have a fix for this issue yet, but they are working on it. Maybe they will have it taken care of by the time my next service comes.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Joetz said:
I just came back from the dealer this morning. It seems like this is a common problem affecting a lot of owners. From what I understand, Lotus doesn't have a fix for this issue yet,
So it's just a case of TADTS:D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I was told that the flickering upshift/alarm light does not signify anything and it is not supposed to flicker.

Yes TADTS:)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If you have acess to the back of the stack cluster, check that there is a ground wire running off the back of the cluster and make sure the connections are secure.
Arno would know.
m.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
So far, It looks like my problem is gone after picking the car up after the after-sales service. What's weird is that they told me a fix was in the works, but they weren't able to fix it for now. However, it didn't come on once on the drive home. Maybe the problem is gone for good

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Had to bring this back up. This just started on my car last night. I first noticed it after about 20 min of driving, then coming to a stop at a light. When the car is idling, or if I'm at idle or negative throttle (foot off the pedal) while driving, the light flickers. I have 1700 miles on the car, and this is the first time I've noticed it. Also, I just recently washed the car. I wonder if water got into something.

Does anyone have any further information about this?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i have never seen a flicker here. well, except for those woodpeckers outside

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I finally fixed my flickling light problem. While installing the wire for my newly purchased battery tender, I noticed the nut for the battery ( NOT the one attached to the battery directly) was loose. After putting the wire in, I make sure the nut is tight. Just took the car out and the light is gone. kinda miss it after living with that for 4 mionths! worth a try. Good luck.
best
bert

·
Registered
818 Posts
worked for me. mine was almost all the way off. lights dont dim and shift light doesnt flicker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Red light flashing...

similar, but slightly different to the stuff above, my red upshift light starts to flash (in the way it dos when the alarm is armed) whilst driving. it starts after a while & keeps going. It's not the flicker mentioned here - it's a definite flash.

If I click the alram keyfob, it goes away. for a bit. then it starts again.

All of this whilst well away from the rev limiter!!

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas? (I've checked my battery connections & they seem solid)

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
360 Posts
Check for looseness of the battery cables. Mine was flickering and this was the problem. I just retightened the cables and problem dissappeared.

·
Registered
12 Posts
InFlight - thanks for the tip, unfortunately, I've already checked them & they seem fine, and it's not a 'flicker' it's definitely a reagular flash......

J

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I've never seen mine flicker, except when I expect it to at high rpms.

xtn

·
Registered
980 Posts
ekological said:
Is this similar to the constant flashing when you haven't turned on the engine (but the key is in start position) and you press the smaller button to disable the engine immobilzer?

My shift light was flickerring when driving. If the rpms were high I didn't have a problem but below 3k it would start. I found the battery terminal on my braile was loose.

Chris

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I have not seen mine do this at idle at all regardless of before or after engine break-in period.

:shrug:

I do always let the car idle during warm up and after driving it for at least 20-30 seconds - especially during the break in period. Sounds like the dealer should take a look at this.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts