The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT / Pewter Grey / Carbon Pack / Yellow calipers + stitch / etc
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve done considerable work just to get a few custom anchors in place for the OEM-like 4 point setup, but have 6 point harnesses.

I’ve been having a hard time finding where to slap the anti-sub strap mounts and am also not super satisfied with the belt mount results.

Are there any proven locations to just slap some bolt in floor anchors for 6 points in these cars? I’ve seen the Innokinetic and Lotus parts, which I believe are for exige/elise. Curious what has been done for the Evora race cars.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you want to know about sub-belts - but would love to see how you mounted the 4-points.
Speculatively (because it’s not in the car but the mounts exist):

• rear crossmember bar behind the rear seat pads
  • outside lap belt wrapping the factory floor belt bar
  • inside lap belt goes to a Braum Racing belt + harness flip combo mount

The Braum combo bracket is bolted to a meaty section of the seat mount. In theory it’s not perfect but I’ve seen that the Lotus 4 point setup similarly hooks to the seat mount.

Because of the inconsistent lap belt mount types and distance and no obvious sub belt mount, I might just go full racing style and bolt some crap to the floor + a rear harness bar.

·
Registered
'21 Evora GT
108 Posts

The Braum combo bracket is bolted to a meaty section of the seat mount. In theory it’s not perfect but I’ve seen that the Lotus 4 point setup similarly hooks to the seat mount.

Because of the inconsistent lap belt mount types and distance and no obvious sub belt mount, I might just go full racing style and bolt some crap to the floor + a rear harness bar.
I'm having a harness bar made...hoping to sell a small batch here on LT with a group buy. I've ordered the buckle side brackets and plan to run them on the opposite side for the lap belts. That said...haven't received them yet...also looking to see how others have mounted the lap belts.

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts

Had the above setup for 10+yurs in 2 Evora and soon to be a 3rd. Lap position allows you to VERY tightly cinch down /back. With ASM , not concerned............

·
Registered
226 Posts
The seat in the GTN is so low to the floor there is no way to get a photo. The sub belts are bolted to the “box” part of the floor. I marked it in red and this runs all the way from door to door under the seat. Bolts are attached on the side I highlighted. Obviously under the seat. Also, the GTN is a 2010. I don’t remember having this “box” on the ‘21GT
Automotive tire Electrical wiring Audio equipment Gas Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grey Automotive exterior

on my ‘21 I had to fabricate a bracket to mount the Tilley seats. So I attached the subs on the same connectors as the lap belts. I just crisscrossed the subs to the opposite side out of the seat.

Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Automotive tire Trunk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had the above setup for 10+yurs in 2 Evora and soon to be a 3rd. Lap position allows you to VERY tightly cinch down /back. With ASM , not concerned............
Nice. On the last bit, did you saying that you do not have ASM and are not concerned, or that you are not concerned because you have ASM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts