The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a new floor jack.

Would love to know what you are using and what you recommend.

I have an 2005 Nissan Xterra in addition to my Exige and it would be nice if the jack supported both.

What about stands and Jim Clayton's Jack Helper?

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Jack helper is essential if you have an Elige. I have Harbor Freight's smallest and largest aluminum floor jacks. Sector's jack stands are quite nice but a bit tall for the front, a shorter "helper" stand for lifting one side some first is useful.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Nod, I bought 4 of the sector111 flatjack stands which have a rubber pad build into them, lotus friendly.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I recommend the Powerzone jack from Amazon (Amazon.com: Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack: Automotive). It has a padded saddle, which compliments the s111 flat jackstands nicely ... agreed too that these are tall and shorter "helper" stands are good to have around (good too for other cars like you have that may not work well with the flat stands).

And yes, the Jack Helper is totally worth it :clap:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Jack Helper rocks.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
Same price as Sector, why not support them? Unless as you say local store would save considerable shipping as these are heavy.
Mainly the shipping savings, though they're only the same price now that Sector has them on sale. That, and they appear to have been knocking off other vendors products as of late... Northern puts them on sale or has 10-20% off coupons now and then too.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just bought one at Autozone with a minimum height of 5.5"...and, it doesn't fit!!! :wallbang:

So bumbed. Back to the store...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Costco has an Arcan low pro jack for about $100 that works on everything I own, from a VERY low Jetta to a Jeep Grand Cherokee on 40" tall tires.

I made my own "jack helper" with a piece of lumber for a cost of about free (scrap laying around), though I could make a metal version for the same price as well.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
In the market for a new floor jack.

Would love to know what you are using and what you recommend.

I have an 2005 Nissan Xterra in addition to my Exige and it would be nice if the jack supported both.

What about stands and Jim Clayton's Jack Helper?
The little aluminum jack from Horrible Freight works fine for me. I put an extra layer of foam on the business end just because.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
probably the only harborfrieght item I truely think is great is the aluminum floor jack.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Yeah I'm super suspicious of buying even a hammer from that place but this little (and it's big brother) are pretty nice.

I have also bought a satisfactory anvil and big magnets there too.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ive got the horrible freight jack and so far it gets the job done, nothing you can do when its a gift...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts