The Lotus Cars Community banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone in Orlando area....I am seriously considering purchase of an 05 or 06 Elise, currently have a 01 Porsche Boxster 2.7 litre. I also apparently have the same engine the Elise has, with my 02 Celica gts. I'm calling out to those in the Orlando area to see one of these cars close up...perhaps a club meet you all attend or even a chance to meet some owners and learn about owneeship experiences with their cars....hope to hear from you all soon
Cheers
Will
[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone know who owned the black S4 that is for sale at Auto Express South in Ft Myers? Trying to find some history on it before a possible purchase.

VIN: SCCFD30C1RHF61222

Thanks,
Kevin
Atlanta

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've bought a few cars from Hayes. I've never had any issues. He's a stand up guy.
Like with any used car purchase, do your due diligence know matter who you buy a car from.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, new 2006 Elise owner. Love the car but needs some scheduled maintenance work. Anyone recomend a shop in South Florida, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
New Elise owner here, in St. Petersburg. Just bought a 2006 BRG from Hayes at Wire Wheel in Vero Beach. I noticed him mentioned above in this thread. Had a good buying experience and I'm very happy with my purchase so far (4 days and counting).

I don't need it yet, but I'm wondering where local go for service in the St. Pete area.

Darryl
darrylglenn(at)gmail(dot)com
St. Pete

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't need it yet, but I'm wondering where local go for service in the St. Pete area.
Hey Daryl- I have an 83 Esprit and go to Glenns MG repair, 727 521 9890 for most repairs. Don't be fooled by the name, James is very good with Lotus

Orlando Lotus is the closest dealer and Craig is one of the best Lotus mechanics in the US.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hey Daryl- I have an 83 Esprit and go to Glenns MG repair, 727 521 9890 for most repairs. Don't be fooled by the name, James is very good with Lotus

Orlando Lotus is the closest dealer and Craig is one of the best Lotus mechanics in the US.

Thanks for the recommendation, Bob. I don’t need him yet, but it’s nice to know where I can go when I need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
George
Just moved to Jacksonville from New Orleans
'14 Evora S

... and could someone please point me towards a curvy road around here?!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tampa - Potential future owner

I owned a 91 Mr2T ages ago and have always lusted after the elise/exige. Lately I have been thinking about picking one up but am really nervous about the maintenance. I am in New Tampa. Do you west coast FL owners go all the way to Orlando Lotus for work you can't handle? With Geely's investment do you think we'll get some more local dealerships in the next couple of years (I think Dimmitt used to sell Lotus but moved on)?
Is the A/C completely useless like I have been reading about?

Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I owned a 91 Mr2T ages ago and have always lusted after the elise/exige. Lately I have been thinking about picking one up but am really nervous about the maintenance. I am in New Tampa. Do you west coast FL owners go all the way to Orlando Lotus for work you can't handle? With Geely's investment do you think we'll get some more local dealerships in the next couple of years (I think Dimmitt used to sell Lotus but moved on)?
Is the A/C completely useless like I have been reading about?

Thanks!
No idea on getting work done over there or possible future dealerships in the area as I'm in Orlando, but maintenance isn't bad. The A/C definitely isn't completely useless. It's not great, but even on a fairly hot day it will cool the car off to a comfortable temp and I haven't gotten 3m cystalline or a ceramic tint on my windshield yet which I've heard makes a huge difference.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts