295 Posts
Tampa area, Florida

Dave cell 813 478 9665

:UK:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I going to be a new elise or exige owner and I need some advice. I'm used to more hp but of course more weight so I already anticipate straight line and torque to be a bit lower. I'm looking at a new 2010 or new body 2011 Elise. But, I find myself attracted to the Exige S240. I just like the appearence of the S240 and the horsepower. The only concern I have is that I have heard the street ride is pretty bad evem compared to the Elise or Elise with track pack. Can anyone who has experience in both give me their thoughts? I've been offered a new S240 for $60,000. This seems to be only about $6 to $10 thousand more than a non-turbo 2010 or 2011 Elise. Does this sound like a fair price and "bang for the buck."

Secondly, if I go with a 2010 Elise, I'm attracted to the performance package because of the seat design and the alcantara interior. My concern about the alcantara is, is it possible to keep it looking like new as you can with leather. I guess I envision dirt and sweat, etc staining or making the alcantara look crummy or stained. I expect it to be a bit more needy for keeping it immaculate but can someone with this material give me their comments. Thanks in advance. Being my first post I apologize if I have violated any protocols and I did look through the database but wanted some specific current comments.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Jacksonville.

06 Polar Blue Elise. I'm pretty new to the Lotus world and look forward to meeting other Lotus owners in the area. If you want my email pm me.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts
Cubby, 2006 Elise, Solar Yellow

Sarasota

I wondered who that was - I've seen your ride around town.
I noticed your car over in the Gulf Gate district the other week... We should all meet up sometime since there's a few of us in Sarasota now. I drive a BRP Elise and am in South Sarasota.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Hey all yo west coasters myself an 2 ther elises are going to the cars on 5th in naples on Feb 11 maybe you guys can come south. Tommy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Hey all yo west coasters myself an 2 ther elises are going to the cars on 5th in naples on Feb 11 maybe you guys can come south. Tommy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Just signed up. Are we meeting at Freds? John T is working with Alex to get a caravan going over there.

PS> I'll stop by Saturday and help you and Angelo with the oil lines.

101 - 120 of 195 Posts