The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
There are a few Elige guys in Lakeland. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have any of you guys dealt with Hayes at Wirewheel? He has a some cars that just went up for sale, but there's no way I can get down there to see them. Anyone close to Vero Beach able to check them out and give me your take on them? I'm interested in an Elise.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Transfer from California

Chris
Moved to Melbourne, FL last year from rural mountains of San Diego county, CA.
2005 Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl (original owner, daily driver)

Any other folks in the Melbourne area? In the last year, I have only seen a yellow and a blue Elise, which is only a tiny fraction of the number I would see in the San Diego area.

My only regret in moving here is that there aren't any twisty mountain roads in Florida. In CA, my commute to work every day was a very twisty road. Here, it is 600 miles to the nearest good roads. But, at least there are no emissions inspections in FL, so I can finally add a supercharger.

I have been off of Lotustalk for the last 2 years due to life being just too busy (intense time with my job with lots of travel, oldest daughter's wedding, getting teenagers set up with cars and headed off to college, selling my house and moving, etc.). Life has calmed down a bit now (maybe temporarily), so back to my hobbies.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I've tried to reach out to @ZTEC (an Orlando guy who was very active on here awhile back) but haven't been able to get in touch with him. I have his old car that he did a lot of mods to, so I have some questions on what was done, what problems may be known and lurking, and what was undone when he sold it.

The heater bypass mod was an especially fun one. Y'all guys in Florida would really benefit from reviving that topic! I never knew he had it done until one of the crimps started leaking and I couldn't figure out why my hose routing was non-factory. That also explained the mystery switch in the cockpit. So if anyone is still in touch with him, kindly pass this on. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered Insane
290 Posts
Robert here. Live in Delray and will travel in my '04 Esprit FE to have lunch with other Lotus owners.

Anyone planning on driving up to LOG this year?

161 - 180 of 195 Posts