The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did 2 HPDE events in 2 consecutive weekends at Sebring, 1 with Chin and 1 with Safe Motorsports. I have to say the format with Safe was alot of fun, its open track for the whole day. No run groups just come and go when ever you want, you could spend 6 hours out thier if you wanted. With only 47 cars in the event the track was not crowded at all. One thing I was worried about was there were no instructors, all you need is a current member to vouch for your experience and your off. I will say I was surprised that thier were no issues with point buys or guys out their that just had no business on the track. It was a blast for only $325, I know it is more than Chin and NASA but you get twice the track time.
There was only 1 other Lotus there, so if anyone in Fl. wants some good track time the next Sebring event is 10-4-09 Here is the link .SAFE Motorsports - More track for less money! Sebring - Homestead - Moroso

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I did one event with SAFE before. I had a great time, but it's not for beginners. When I was rode with them there were a few people (maybe 2 or 3) who's experience was questionable. It only takes 1 to ruin your day, though. I would do it again, but I wouldn't rate them as safe as Chin.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I did one event with SAFE before. I had a great time, but it's not for beginners. When I was rode with them there were a few people (maybe 2 or 3) who's experience was questionable. It only takes 1 to ruin your day, though. I would do it again, but I wouldn't rate them as safe as Chin.
+1

I did a couple with SAFE. A little on the "wild west" side.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, not as safe as Chin or NASA. Anytime it got crowded I would just pull through the hot pits and wait till it cleaerd out. Most of the time there was only 15 cars on the track. The next event is 10-4-09, it would be nice to see some Lotus' out there.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I agree, not as safe as Chin or NASA. Anytime it got crowded I would just pull through the hot pits and wait till it cleaerd out. Most of the time there was only 15 cars on the track. The next event is 10-4-09, it would be nice to see some Lotus' out there.
I usually run with PCA or PBOC, seemed very organized and controlled.

im looking into buying an Elise right now, hope to see you guys out when i get it, although im also considering a 993 so there a chance you might see me in one of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts