1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Griot's one person bleeder appears to be of similar design as the Mityvac unit.

I do not have the Griot unit and cannot, therefore, address its quality. I have the Mityvac and can say that it is a great tool that has made brake bleeding faster, safer, less wasteful, and truly a one person job given the use of a vacuum to draw out fluid (instead of pedal pumping). My former brake bleeding assistant (wife) loves it given that she was "made redundant" on its arrival!

Check Griot's product return policy...maybe that will help in making your decision.

I have bought from Griot's before (tools and supplies) and have been satisfied with their products.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,183 Posts
Hey.

I use Sear hand vacuum pump w/their brake bleed kit.

Vacuum pump has other uses and the whole deal is inexpensive.

Many wheels allow bleeding w/o their removal.

Important: Tap the calipers to get those clinging air bubbles off the metal and into the stream.

-g

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Hey.

I use Sear hand vacuum pump w/their brake bleed kit.

Vacuum pump has other uses and the whole deal is inexpensive.

Many wheels allow bleeding w/o their removal.

Important: Tap the calipers to get those clinging air bubbles off the metal and into the stream.

-g
( The harbor freight one is basically the same unit as the Sears unit; at 1/2 the price )

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
( The harbor freight one is basically the same unit as the Sears unit; at 1/2 the price )
If it's the one I think it is (a metal vacuum pump) mine (from Sears) is about 25 years old and still working great.

I don't use it for bleeding brakes, as I much prefer pressure bleeding than vacuum bleeding. I'd get the EZ-Bleed or the Motive pressure bleeder for brake bleeding. The vacuum pump has many other uses, and I'd get (and did) one of them too...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've used this one and it worked fine. I haven't used any others and so am unqualified to judge whether it's better or worse than other contraptions.
Thanks for your opinion.

I appreciate everybody elses recommendations as well, but I am familiar with and have used most of these products. Purpose of thread is not to ask for recommendation for brake bleeding, but to get reviews of the specified products.

I was first intrigued by another Lotus guys effusive review on another site which I can not now locate. I was looking to see if others concurred.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.