The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for "foam covering evaporator" and didn't come up with anything, and no one has mentioned anything about a thin layer of foam seemingly glued to the evaporator surface. This is in fact what I found when removing the corrugated vent pipe going to the cabin (while installing a heater core bypass ... thanks to Tony ... got it maybe a year ago, but just getting around to installing). I was trying to make sure the thermistor was touching the coil, but couldn't see or feel it. I do see the wire going in by the side of the housing coming from the thermostat, but cannot see it at the evaporator coil because of the foam. I pulled on the foam gently, but it's definitely on there, presumably as a filter of sorts.

Anyone else notice this foam while, maybe insulating their corrugated vent pipes? I have a late 2005 Elise ...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Foam on the fins? I did not have that.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
I have a late 2005 Elise as well. There is no foam on my evaporator or anything else in there on my car. :shrug:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:shrug: I wonder if they forgot to take the packaging off before mounting it? Doubtful, I know, but I have not seen anyone mention this before. I should have snapped a pic. It's all sealed up now and I've been working on it for the better part of these two past days ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts