The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a foam gun that allows a layer of foam to be laid down over a car without having access to a hose.

I live in an apartment and I have to take my Elise to a nearby self car wash place to wash it. They only have their high pressure sprayer nozzle (which I use on it's low pressure setting and stand back to rinse, and then fill a bucket with it), so there's no way to connect a hose to a foam gun.

Is there one that can be used with a pump sprayer (like a garden sprayer)?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Is there a foam gun that allows a layer of foam to be laid down over a car without having access to a hose.

I live in an apartment and I have to take my Elise to a nearby self car wash place to wash it. They only have their high pressure sprayer nozzle (which I use on it's low pressure setting and stand back to rinse, and then fill a bucket with it), so there's no way to connect a hose to a foam gun.

Is there one that can be used with a pump sprayer (like a garden sprayer)?
Have you tried putting carwash liquid (like Mcguire's) in a garden sprayer?

If you stir it into the water instead of shaking it (sorry, Mr. Kiss-kiss-bang-bang) it may not bubble too much for the pump to handle.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried putting carwash liquid (like Mcguire's) in a garden sprayer?

If you stir it into the water instead of shaking it (sorry, Mr. Kiss-kiss-bang-bang) it may not bubble too much for the pump to handle.
I wondered if that would work. I'm just not sure if it'll lay down a Junkman-style layer of foam, or just soapy water.

I don't have a garden sprayer to try it with.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I don't wash my cars regularly anymore (they are always clean, as I use quick detailer or spray wax to clean them every day, takes about 5 minutes, using a two-towel method). Highly recommend this method with an indoor or outdoor car cover.

Anyway, when I did wash my cars, I used an RL Pump Sprayer. I don't believe foam is a good solution for washing cars, but if you're interested, RL has a foam version of their high quality pump sprayers.

There are a couple different ones...

RL Flo-Master 2-Gallon Foaming Sprayer

RL Flo-Master 1997NFS Pro Foam Variable Control Foaming Sprayer

Good luck.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't wash my cars regularly anymore (they are always clean, as I use quick detailer or spray wax to clean them every day, takes about 5 minutes, using a two-towel method). Highly recommend this method with an indoor or outdoor car cover.

Anyway, when I did wash my cars, I used an RL Pump Sprayer. I don't believe foam is a good solution for washing cars, but if you're interested, RL has a foam version of their high quality pump sprayers.

There are a couple different ones...

RL Flo-Master 2-Gallon Foaming Sprayer

RL Flo-Master 1997NFS Pro Foam Variable Control Foaming Sprayer

Good luck.
Thanks! I'll take a look at those. I'm using Junkman's two bucket wash method, but he insists that the foam is a vital part of the process. Hence my interest in something like this.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to report back. I received my Flo-Master and used it last weekend. I was very happy with the result. Lots of lovely foam!

Thank you for the suggestion.

Out of interest, which quick detailer do you use Squidward? I just bought some Go Green Waterless Wash from Chemical Guys.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I forgot to report back. I received my Flo-Master and used it last weekend. I was very happy with the result. Lots of lovely foam!

Thank you for the suggestion.

Out of interest, which quick detailer do you use Squidward? I just bought some Go Green Waterless Wash from Chemical Guys.
I've used dozens of different products and quite honestly, the results have always been the same--excellent. But you don't have to spend lots of money for a great detailer, you can buy Optimum No Rinse and make your own for pennies on the bottle. I did that for a long time until I ran out of ONR (I had a gallon bottle of it that lasted me a whole year, using it every weekend to wash or detail all of my cars (not all at once!). It performed admirably however I missed the slick feeling I got with the commercial QD sprays, so now I'm back to using them. It's a big part of the joy in ownership to clean my car... Sounds silly but it's a bit like the joy one gets washing a puppy.

A few of my favorite cleaning products are:

Waxes:
SmartWax One... my go-to wax.
Armor All Butter Smooth Wax

Quick Detailers:
Zymol Natural Maximum Shine Spray Glaze
Lucas Oil Slick Mist (smells nice, like all Zymol products)

I have Chemical Brothers Butter Wet Wax on the way. I think I have an addiction to these products lol. It's fun to try something different.

BTW, most of today's wax products are so easy to apply that they are almost as quick and easy to use as QD sprays, and quite honestly I use them interchangeably now.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Thanks! I'll take a look at those. I'm using Junkman's two bucket wash method, but he insists that the foam is a vital part of the process. Hence my interest in something like this.
I use the no-bucket hand-wash method.

I like my car washes like I like my White House: No mitt.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I use the no-bucket hand-wash method.

I like my car washes like I like my White House: No mitt.
Like a Boss! :)

I prefer getting my hands wet as well but I still use a glove for the initial big stuff removal.

Then I get the fun time with clay baring and waxing by hand. Using your hands in the wax even warms it nicely to body temp so it goes on buttery smooth.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I prefer getting my hands wet as well but I still use a glove for the initial big stuff removal.
I like bare hand. If I feel something, I can fingernail it off. Then shoot both the car area and my hand clean with the foam gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts