The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hold down both buttons, the LED does not go out, even after more than 20 seconds. I've tried with 2 different new batteries and waited >10 sec before inserting batteries.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

I realized that when I was pressing on the button(s) the LED was solid, not flashing. So i tightened the contacts a bit, and the lights flashed and I was able to resync and disarm the immobilizer.

All was well until this AM, when the fob was again not synced and I couldn't re-sync it. What is going on? Is the circuit board failing or something?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
UPDATE:

I realized that when I was pressing on the button(s) the LED was solid, not flashing. So i tightened the contacts a bit, and the lights flashed and I was able to resync and disarm the immobilizer.

All was well until this AM, when the fob was again not synced and I couldn't re-sync it. What is going on? Is the circuit board failing or something?
I have seen this problem a few times recently. Try moving the battery in and out and after each attempt resync.
Michael

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good News!: Synced this AM no problem.

This isn't the first time I've lost sync, but it's the first time I've had an issue re-syncing. Luckily these episodes have happened at home, but now I'm even more paranoid about this alarm system and getting stuck away from home.

I've read pretty much every alarm thread there is, and I realize I can:

1) Disable passive arming
2) Disable immobilizer by jumping pins
3) Disable the whole thing, knowing I'll lose CDL

I'd do 1/2, but I would I still be stymied by not being synced to the alarm?

There is a thread from Rob (?) mentioning just disconnecting the alarm module and splicing the blue wire to ground. It sounded like nothing else needs to be done to the immobilizer connection -- is that correct? Or do I still need to jump the immobilizer?

4) I guess there's the other option of the override, which sounds ideal. Is that pretty fail-safe?

Thanks, SirLotus!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Good News!: Synced this AM no problem.

This isn't the first time I've lost sync, but it's the first time I've had an issue re-syncing. Luckily these episodes have happened at home, but now I'm even more paranoid about this alarm system and getting stuck away from home.

I've read pretty much every alarm thread there is, and I realize I can:

1) Disable passive arming
2) Disable immobilizer by jumping pins
3) Disable the whole thing, knowing I'll lose CDL

I'd do 1/2, but I would I still be stymied by not being synced to the alarm?

There is a thread from Rob (?) mentioning just disconnecting the alarm module and splicing the blue wire to ground. It sounded like nothing else needs to be done to the immobilizer connection -- is that correct? Or do I still need to jump the immobilizer?

4) I guess there's the other option of the override, which sounds ideal. Is that pretty fail-safe?

Thanks, SirLotus!
That's right in my experience. I tried (3) via the light-blue wire mod but decided I wanted CDL back, tried (1), and actually like the alarm system now.

I think I've read somewhere that certain alarms (I've seen them referred to as "earlier" but am not sure that's true) require 12V to the light-blue wire instead of GND. My '06 worked with GND. It's definitely easier than removing the rear bulkhead panel although, I suppose, less reliable (still more parts in the system to fail).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts