The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find a replacement fog light lens for an '88 Esprit.

One is broken, the other has a hella sticker on the lens.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,087 Posts
That one looks square. The one I need is rectangular.
Your lights look non-OEM. If you order it from JAE or others, you want to compare the part number cast into the bottom of the existing passenger side lens.

My 88 has factory Hella fogs (304 118 081 cast into the glass) but don't have the black 'clip' on the sides like yours.
Other 89 Esprits (non-SE) also have lights that look like mine.

FYI I fabricated plexiglas shields to prevent rock damage from frontal stone hits - they're hard to see but they are there.

Ironically, a stone bounced up and hit the BOTTOM 2mm exposed edge and put a small crack in the lens.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Your lights look non-OEM. If you order it from JAE or others, you want to compare the part number cast into the bottom of the existing passenger side lens.

My 88 has factory Hella fogs (304 118 081 cast into the glass) but don't have the black 'clip' on the sides like yours.
Other 89 Esprits (non-SE) also have lights that look like mine.

FYI I fabricated plexiglas shields to prevent rock damage from frontal stone hits - they're hard to see but they are there.

Ironically, a stone bounced up and hit the BOTTOM 2mm exposed edge and put a small crack in the lens.
sleekgt - Would you, or anyone else, be able to measure the glass on the fog light?

When I spoke with Hella North America, he told me the numbers on the front contain only location and date information. The model info is stamped on the housing. Hella NA had no listing for Lotus.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've got an original 88 light somewhere, l will dig it up today

·
Super Moderator
4,087 Posts
sleekgt - Would you, or anyone else, be able to measure the glass on the fog light?
[snip]
I've been dragging my feet to replaced the burnt out bulb on passenger side - will hopefully do that tonight and look for a model number and measure the lens.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
This is an original 88 fog/driving light. Numbers on lens:

B
E1
8336 R19
HELLA
303-118 081

Number on tag inside:
HELLA 1ND 003 090-76
Lamp H3

Number molded into inside of housing:
128 916-00

and, its for sale :panic:

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I installed a set of Hella 450 lights. Fit perfect and look good. Will post a pic when I get one.

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
4,087 Posts
Ah, they look very nice - the clear (driving) lens is different than the standard fog lens.

Did you install the entire Hella 450 assembly? Or were you able to just install the glass lens assembly in the existing factory Hella housing?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, they look very nice - the clear (driving) lens is different than the standard fog lens.

Did you install the entire Hella 450 assembly? Or were you able to just install the glass lens assembly in the existing factory Hella housing?
I chose the driving light over the fog light. Felt I would get better use that way.

The new lamps did not properly fit into the old housing. It wasn't much to swap the bracket into the new housing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts