The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing lot's of great pictures of members new cars. Finally they are here!!! Even though I am number 6 on the list at Valenti, I am told I won't see a car until Oct. due to the Sport Pack delays.

Anyway, I have yet to see a car with fog lights. Is this somthing that is not being offered? even on the Yellow LSS car i saw in here... No lights down there. What gives?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
GMorel1916 said:
They're a DIO. Most people are waiting until the first dealer service to have them installed.
I didn't know fog lights were available.

The DIO are driving lights.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey Scott, I got an email from Bill Reudgen that they'll have a total of 8 cars by the end of Sept... Great news for you. Not so great for me as I'm #20. !%#@$

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
zOOmz said:
Flying debris (aka huge piece of truck tire retread kicked up by driver ahead) took my auto. side mirror clean off and scraped the entire length of my car. SoCal has been very hard on my car. :(
SoCal is terrible for road debris, especially through LA. All the freeways are under construction all the time, so there is gravel everywhere. The traffic is so bad that there are no road shoulders, and the fast lane is usually bounded by concrete barriers. The crap has nowhere to go, so it sits against the edge of the lane until some big truck or swerving SUV kicks up a bucket of tread and rocks.

As far as I can tell, it's never cleaned or sweeped, probably because of the constant traffic and lack of emergency lane.

It's a major shipping port/hub so there is every manner of trucks tearing up the pavement, many from Mexico in poor condition. Tire tread is everywhere. It's like a war zone.

I drove through Aneheim in July and had my windshield shatter from a flying rock or something. That sucks.

San Diego is getting bad too, especially "the 5" through Del Mar, in perpetual construction. I saw a truck going north with loose gravel piled on the rear bumper -- he probably cracked a dozen windshields alone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
zOOmz said:
Flying debris (aka huge piece of truck tire retread kicked up by driver ahead) took my auto. side mirror clean off and scraped the entire length of my car. SoCal has been very hard on my car. :(

So I know what you mean, slick.

z
I got tagged by a flying piece of wood down in San Diego...took out my foglight, put a big fat dent in my a/c condenser and radiator (thankfully no leaking!), and took a chunk of my bumper that was just repainted 6 months ago. Naturally, I wasn't too happy about that!

Sorry to hear about your car...those scrapes from the tire cords would've killed me!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
My dealer has never mentioned ANY dealer options at all. I wonder how many dealers are actually offering driving lights et al...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
When I got the car, I asked about options. They told me basically that the options weren't readily available yet. They did have plenty of accessories, tho, including covers, wristwatch, pens, pins, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Foglights

I live in San Diego and have had foglights on most all of my cars. I can't remember the last time I actually turned them on and used them. Even when there was fog I seem to do just fine. Could care less about this one....

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
jdl8r said:
Hey Scott, I got an email from Bill Reudgen that they'll have a total of 8 cars by the end of Sept... Great news for you. Not so great for me as I'm #20. !%#@$
- At #12 with Valenti, I'm projecting October as an outside possibility, or November as more of a probability. The one month difference isn't that big a deal for me but your #20
looks more like Jan. or Feb of '05'. P.S. - Bill's car is #4, the lucky dog!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Re: Foglights

heatmiser said:
I live in San Diego and have had foglights on most all of my cars. I can't remember the last time I actually turned them on and used them. Even when there was fog I seem to do just fine. Could care less about this one....
Well.. The additional dealer installed lights on the Elise are not foglights at all, but auxilliary high-beam lights. These are called 'driving lights' in europe, but I gather that in the US foglights are often called that.

They come on at the same time as the normal high beams and can not be switched on separately.

They are meant to provide additional long-range illumination compared to short range floodlight type illumination for foglights.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Did anyone get a price? I think when I talked to Bill B4 my trip he said the lights were a couple of hundred dollars. But I'm still recovering so I can't remember completely.

Ridgemanron, when I talked to Bill about my car (#25) he believed (and I could not hold him to this) that I would get it in Jan/Feb time frame.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Surferjer said:
My dealer has never mentioned ANY dealer options at all. I wonder how many dealers are actually offering driving lights et al...
Jer,

Princeton has a full stock of accessories and is planning a interesting program for aftersales support. They are close enough to us that a quick trip there shouldn't be too much of an imposition. Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Re: Re: Foglights

Arno said:
Well.. The additional dealer installed lights on the Elise are not foglights at all, but auxilliary high-beam lights. These are called 'driving lights' in europe, but I gather that in the US foglights are often called that.

They come on at the same time as the normal high beams and can not be switched on separately.

They are meant to provide additional long-range illumination compared to short range floodlight type illumination for foglights.

Bye, Arno.
we have fog and driving lights in the US. same description as yours. as i understand it the dealer option is for driving lights. i will get them as i tend to do a lot of dark countryside driving and need all the deer eyeball illuminating light i can find. i might install some other than the dealer option though at that price.

·
Registered
818 Posts
from what i hear the lights are plug and play. the wiring is there. just unscrew the grill and put a new one in.

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you're actually thinking about getting the driving lights for use in fog, I'd think again. They blind you in real fog - better off just using normal headlights in that type of condition.

They are brilliant when negotiating unlit roads in normal conditions tough.

Just my 2 cents..

Craigy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts