The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, so please forgive me if this subject has already come up, but what is the story with the round foglights that I see in the grill of some elises. We picked ours up on Saturday and were surprised not to see them considering we ordered every possible option on the car. Any ideas?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The lights were on the Euro cars. I think (If I recall correctly), they had to be removed because they violate a federal rule since they were so low.

The plan then was to offer them as a dealer option and they would be installed by the dealer.

However, they started building the cars without the wiring for the lights. At some point, they phased the wiring back in so the cars will be ready for accessory lights to be installed.

Note, these are not separate fog lights as one might expect. They are switched on and off with the headlights.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
So will the early production U.S. cars have this wiring? My car is #67. Anyone have a clue where it is or what color the wires are? I'd like to put some small xenon's down there and use the existing wiring if possible.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
My car does not have the wiring and I am a lot later than you. Something like 174.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I had asked this in an earlier thread and Mark Star told me that cars after 300+ would have the wiring for the driving lights. sorry i can't remember the exact #

·
Registered
340 Posts
Randy Chase said:
My car does not have the wiring and I am a lot later than you. Something like 174.
I think he means #67 on a list. VIN # 300 or so (can't remember exactly) and up have the wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts