The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to the local dealership about the fog lights that were present on all of the press cars and show cars. They said lotus has no plans to sell them in the US.... I wonder why?

I know that I need more light in my elise, at night the lack of light is SCARY....

I will play with some new bulbs and maybe add some aftermarket fog lamps, but all I know is this car is in need of better lights..

My Girl friends mitsu Galant has more then 10ft of extra light in front of the car, and those lights are piss poor also..

Anyone do any upgrades on the lighing system? Please post info if possible..

Adam P

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
They said lotus has no plans to sell them in the US.... I wonder why?
I stopped by Lotus USA about a month ago and the rep told me they would be selling the kit (driving lights and grill) and it would be quite inexpensive. ($200-$300) Im waiting for it.

I took this photo that same day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Adam P said:
I talked to the local dealership about the fog lights that were present on all of the press cars and show cars. They said lotus has no plans to sell them in the US....
As Dan said, Lotus Dealers will be offering the driving lights.

Note, these are not really fog lights, but extra driving lights that are lit when the headlights are on.

You can also upgrade your bulbs.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Randy, I recommend you not get these. Your front end takes too much abuse!
:)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Randy, I recommend you not get these. Your front end takes too much abuse!
:)
Dude, that's cold.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Fog lights?

Randy Chase said:
As Dan said, Lotus Dealers will be offering the driving lights.

Note, these are not really fog lights, but extra driving lights that are lit when the headlights are on.

You can also upgrade your bulbs.
I plan on purchasing some new bulbs tonight on the net!

Also, do we know who make the driving lights?

And, an I the only one who see that these factory lights are horrible?

I guess I will just have to wait for the driving lights to make it to the dealers..

Adam P

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Adam,
I think someone posted earlier today about adjusting the headlights. You might want to search for this. I think the headlights are adjusted too low but I hardly ever drive it at night so I haven't bothered to fix them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eliseowner2b said:
Adam,
I think someone posted earlier today about adjusting the headlights. You might want to search for this. I think the headlights are adjusted too low but I hardly ever drive it at night so I haven't bothered to fix them.

I thought about leaving them alone, but I just love to drive at night, its one of those after dinner drives that gets my blood boiling! I was thinking about the aiming of the lights, I may play some!

Adam P

·
Registered
549 Posts
Adam P said:
I talked to the local dealership about the fog lights that were present on all of the press cars and show cars. They said lotus has no plans to sell them in the US.... I wonder why?

I know that I need more light in my elise, at night the lack of light is SCARY....

I will play with some new bulbs and maybe add some aftermarket fog lamps, but all I know is this car is in need of better lights..

My Girl friends mitsu Galant has more then 10ft of extra light in front of the car, and those lights are piss poor also..

Anyone do any upgrades on the lighing system? Please post info if possible..

Adam P
I did an evaluation of the OEM set up vs the install of Sylvania Silver Stars...just as a starting point take a look at this pic

and then one night park your Elise about 15 from a wall with lights one and compare...think you see the point and if interested in the change over including adjusting the lights let me know...
Michael

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Re: Re: Fog lights?

YELOTUS said:
I did an evaluation of the OEM set up vs the install of Sylvania Silver Stars...just as a starting point take a look at this pic

:huh:

Why did you fiddle with the shadow shutters in the headlights and remove the flares? :confused:

You're now missing quite a bit of the longer distance illumination from the beam pattern.

Not how I'd like to drive around...

The European beam pattern as used on the Fed-Elise depends on these 'flares' to get any sort of 'distance'...

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i think arno is right. same pattern in my spyder except that the spyder lights are properly aimed. eventually i am going to have to realign the lotus lights as they appear (low beams anyway) to be pointed at the road a very short distance in front of the car. the patter of the left light also appears to be set too far to the left but i will judge that once the alignment is high enough

·
Registered
409 Posts
Assuming the light kit to be offered by the dealers uses similar sized bulbs to the ones on the UK car, there are clear lens caps available to protect the bulbs. These come highly recommended.

Another thing that comes highly recommended is a screen to protect the rear glass from stones flying over your head!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Fog lights?

Arno said:
:huh:

Why did you fiddle with the shadow shutters in the headlights and remove the flares? :confused:

You're now missing quite a bit of the longer distance illumination from the beam pattern.

Not how I'd like to drive around...

The European beam pattern as used on the Fed-Elise depends on these 'flares' to get any sort of 'distance'...

Bye, Arno.
Not the case...much better illumination overall...but each to his own...
Milchael

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
there are clear lens caps available to protect the bulbs. These come highly recommended.
Rob,

Do you mean to protect the lens?

I'm coating mine with Lamin-x (www.lamin-x.com) and I'm going to put a yellow or blue film on them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts