The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i installed the standard lotus driving lights and wouldn't be without them.
as to the original headlights, i felt like the candles were going to blow out whenever it was dark.
the lotus set comes on when the HIGH beams are in use. love 'em
FVMC sold me mine, the kit includes the new proper grille and brackets.
sam

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i installed the standard lotus driving lights and wouldn't be without them.
as to the original headlights, i felt like the candles were going to blow out whenever it was dark.
the lotus set comes on when the HIGH beams are in use. love 'em
FVMC sold me mine, the kit includes the new proper grille and brackets.
sam
:up: Indeed the stock driving assist lights RULE. I can literally see a 1/2 mile down the road with the high beams on.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem is I want driving/running lights, My HID kit does not give me enough distance. I hit an animal on a dark highway because I couldnt see very far ahead.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Problem is I want driving/running lights, My HID kit does not give me enough distance. I hit an animal on a dark highway because I couldnt see very far ahead.
What kelvin HID's do you have in... Anything above 6,000k is about useless for anything other than looking cool. You could find a decent set of lights with incandescent bulbs and then buy a cheap HID kit to upgrade them for way under 1k. CATZ also makes some really nice fog/driving lights and they have HID stuff too.

$160-200 or so depending on which version you want.

Multi-Surface Cyclone Convenience and flexibility are optimized in the CATZ MSC (Multi-Surface Cyclone). The compact size and circular shape make the MSC a perfect fit for many of today's original equipment and after-market grill and bumper openings on cars, trucks, and SUV's. The rotating bracket offers the flexibility to insure easy mounting. Other features include multi-surface reflector, borosillicate glass lens, die-cast aluminum housing, and 55-watt Hyperbulb. If you want OE shape with extreme after-market performance and styling, the "Cyclone" is headed your way!

Color: Clear, Gold Iridium or Hyper White
Bulb: H1 12V 55W Hyper Bulb
Illumination Angle: 77 degrees
Size: 3.54"(height) x 3.54"(width) x 3.43"(depth)
Contents: (2) MSC lamps, (1) Single Relay, (1) LED Power Switch, (1) Switch Panel, (1) Fuse, and (1) Plug-in wiring harness.

These use a H1 bulb and you can get a H1 bulb HID kit off ebay for $50-100 or so. I would try to see what the HID bulb looks like to make sure it will actually fit in the driving light housing prior to purchasing them however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts