The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A haze appears on the inside of my widshield that has to be cleaned off every 2-3 days. Does anyone know what could cause this? Is it the AC/Heater Core leaking? Also, i get hot air out of the air vents even if the fan is not running and its is kind of inconveient in summer. Is that normal?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
A haze appears on the inside of my widshield that has to be cleaned off every 2-3 days. Does anyone know what could cause this? Is it the AC/Heater Core leaking? Also, i get hot air out of the air vents even if the fan is not running and its is kind of inconveient in summer. Is that normal?
Do you mean fog/schmutz? If you've got a schmuck inside your windshield you've got no one to blame but yourself!

Just kidding...;)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Off-gassing is what its called. Not much can be done about it. I'd suggest a micro-fiber cleaner cloth. It does wonders to remove it.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Helps to keep it out of the sun. Use a cover or shower cap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all.

I did notice that it happened wether it was driven or not. I guess I am glad to find out that it is a normal problem. So does anyone know where to get a good cover? My current one is trash.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Sector111, your Lotus dealer, California Car Cover.

And I have one for sale. :)

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Now that was a very nice civil series of responses, and a pleasure to read :clap:

- To the point
- Informative
- Inviting

Such a friendly forum. :D

- z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts