The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual search didn't help me. Anybody know where to find one presently?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Ebay

·
Registered
632 Posts
rpolin, just follow the directions linked to in post #2. Took me 5 minutes.

If I can do it, anybody can do it (I'm utterly and completely mechanically inept).

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
It was easy, part arrived in less than two weeks and with a slow patient approach it took less than 5 minutes.

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
I bought mine here:

Ford Power Folding Mirror Switch - Parts Shop - FordPartsUK

It is very easy to replace - I did it in under ten minutes.
You did yours on a 2013 S IPS? On mine, there was not enough "slack" in the wiring to get the switch far enough out to pull the plug out. Turns out I was having dealer service where they were taking the door panel off so I asked them if they could do it. I hear this is more of an issue on more recent cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi ScottN:

I don't have an earlier car to compare my car to, so I don't know the difference in wiring from my car to another (earlier model). It did take a couple of minutes to manipulate popping and pulling the original plug out - it came out at an angle as I remember. I can post my build date later this evening - it is currently at the Rolls-Royce dealership in Irvine getting the latest software upgrade. (The Shelly Group purchased Rolls-Royce and Lotus Newport Beach, closed the Lotus dealership and are still servicing our Lotus cars out of the Rolls-Royce dealership!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went to install mine today, and her car already has them from the factory. I never even checked, just kinda assumed she did not have them and thought this would be cool. So I too have the Ford Mondeo MK3 switch, that I got from Mondeo spares for sale. Looking to get what I paid $46 US. I'll pay shipping aka Stupid Tax for not checking, to anywhere in the US. Pics can be provided, along with the original invoice. PayPal is cool.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
just got mine. hoping to install it this weekend. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes and I'll try and take some pics thru the process as well

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Ugh. I was able to get the screwdriver underneath the rim to pull the knob out however I could not get the knob entirely out of the door (see the pic's). I did use a little muscle but I didn't want to force as it may be a wire length issue and I didn't want to break anything so for me to change the knob, I'll likely have to take the door panel off which is not something I am comfortable doing.

PS - I have a 2013 NA IPS - Did I say UGH yet? :(

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ugh. I was able to get the screwdriver underneath the rim to pull the knob out however I could not get the knob entirely out of the door (see the pic's). I did use a little muscle but I didn't want to force as it may be a wire length issue and I didn't want to break anything so for me to change the knob, I'll likely have to take the door panel off which is not something I am comfortable doing.

PS - I have a 2013 NA IPS - Did I say UGH yet? :(
Where are you located in Fairfield? Maybe I can help.. I did my 2013 S IPS April 2013 build about a month ago...took 5 minutes max...

You can contact me offline - pph <at> lionheartsolutions.com... I am around tonight!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I asked another LT member recently with a MY 13, and he said its tight, but was able to pull hard enough to get it just out enough to unplug. From your pic, I feel like you're really close, but I too would be worried of ripping a wire loose.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
456 Posts
rpolin, I just took the panel off to tint my windows. I will do a a DIY write up for panel removal. Check back later tonight or tomorrow and you should see it in the Evora forum.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Read the old thread. I consumed a whole weekend after I popped a wire off mine since there is not enough slack in the newer cars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts