The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual search didn't help me. Anybody know where to find one presently?:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
It was easy, part arrived in less than two weeks and with a slow patient approach it took less than 5 minutes.

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
247 Posts
I bought mine here:

Ford Power Folding Mirror Switch - Parts Shop - FordPartsUK

It is very easy to replace - I did it in under ten minutes.
You did yours on a 2013 S IPS? On mine, there was not enough "slack" in the wiring to get the switch far enough out to pull the plug out. Turns out I was having dealer service where they were taking the door panel off so I asked them if they could do it. I hear this is more of an issue on more recent cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi ScottN:

I don't have an earlier car to compare my car to, so I don't know the difference in wiring from my car to another (earlier model). It did take a couple of minutes to manipulate popping and pulling the original plug out - it came out at an angle as I remember. I can post my build date later this evening - it is currently at the Rolls-Royce dealership in Irvine getting the latest software upgrade. (The Shelly Group purchased Rolls-Royce and Lotus Newport Beach, closed the Lotus dealership and are still servicing our Lotus cars out of the Rolls-Royce dealership!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went to install mine today, and her car already has them from the factory. I never even checked, just kinda assumed she did not have them and thought this would be cool. So I too have the Ford Mondeo MK3 switch, that I got from Mondeo spares for sale. Looking to get what I paid $46 US. I'll pay shipping aka Stupid Tax for not checking, to anywhere in the US. Pics can be provided, along with the original invoice. PayPal is cool.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Ugh. I was able to get the screwdriver underneath the rim to pull the knob out however I could not get the knob entirely out of the door (see the pic's). I did use a little muscle but I didn't want to force as it may be a wire length issue and I didn't want to break anything so for me to change the knob, I'll likely have to take the door panel off which is not something I am comfortable doing.

PS - I have a 2013 NA IPS - Did I say UGH yet? :(

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ugh. I was able to get the screwdriver underneath the rim to pull the knob out however I could not get the knob entirely out of the door (see the pic's). I did use a little muscle but I didn't want to force as it may be a wire length issue and I didn't want to break anything so for me to change the knob, I'll likely have to take the door panel off which is not something I am comfortable doing.

PS - I have a 2013 NA IPS - Did I say UGH yet? :(
Where are you located in Fairfield? Maybe I can help.. I did my 2013 S IPS April 2013 build about a month ago...took 5 minutes max...

You can contact me offline - pph <at> lionheartsolutions.com... I am around tonight!

·
Registered
456 Posts
rpolin, I just took the panel off to tint my windows. I will do a a DIY write up for panel removal. Check back later tonight or tomorrow and you should see it in the Evora forum.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Read the old thread. I consumed a whole weekend after I popped a wire off mine since there is not enough slack in the newer cars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts