The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate the nice congratulatory comments regarding recent acquisition of my 03.5 Esprit. Finally had a chance to wash her and detail the interior. Here are some Lotus-pron eye candy pics.

Lotus Esprit

Registered
Great shots, and I always love the side profile with the massive wing. Congrats, and thanks for sharing photos with the new 'baby'! Hey, it IS Father's Day! 馃ぃ

Premium Member
Sweet! Looks like someone installed the clear front marker lamp lenses, and applied carbon fiber overlay to the front spoiler extensions. Nice touches.

Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
Looks great (even if it DOES have a WING mounted)! 馃槆

You should join LotusPALS to receive notice of local events.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet! Looks like someone installed the clear front marker lamp lenses, and applied carbon fiber overlay to the front spoiler extensions. Nice touches.
Thanks. Previous owner installed the clear front marker lamps. I believe an owner prior to him installed the carbon fiber overlay to the front spoiler. Yes, I got very lucky with this purchase. The interior is in spectacular condition, as is the exterior. Difficult to believe it has 30,000 miles.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great (even if it DOES have a WING mounted)! 馃槆

You should join LotusPALS to receive notice of local events.

Thanks for the invitation! Just completed the application. Looking forward to meeting new Lotus geeks!

Registered
Truly beautiful car, although by the end the wing was becoming a bit cartoonish.

Reactions: carbuff

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Registered
Thanks for posting those photos. Lovely!

In the past week I have watched two movies that had Esprits. "Archive" and "Basic Instinct".

Premium Member
In the past week I have watched two movies that had Esprits. "Archive" and "Basic Instinct".
Next up.. The Spy Who Loved Me...where it all began 馃グ.

Never heard of Archive, will have to check it out. From the trailer it looks like a cross between Tony Stark and Victor Frankenstein, not necessarily a bad thing. Any good?

Super Moderator
I'm biased (my previous two cars prior to the Esprit were metallic dark gray) but that Esprit is absolutely stunning in that color. The OZ Novas contrast well too. You even have the steering wheel updated. Congrats on having such a cool Esprit.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm biased (my previous two cars prior to the Esprit were metallic dark gray) but that Esprit is absolutely stunning in that color. The OZ Novas contrast well too. You even have the steering wheel updated. Congrats on having such a cool Esprit.
Thanks so much for your reply; greatly appreciated. Absolutely love this car. Prior owner upgraded steering wheel to Evora. The car was not cheap though--I certainly paid for the privilege.

FWIW, I ordered a set of wheels from Boze Daytona | Boze Alloys in powder coated satin black. I don鈥檛 want to risk damage to the OEM wheels, since they are 鈥渦nobtainable鈥. The Boze wheels are custom built to Esprit specs (they will modify from 17 x 8.5 to 17 x 8 for the front, but will adjust the offset to maintain the location of the wheel at the fender flare; their rear wheels are stock size). I found their website on an old LT post (maybe from 2013?), and made an inquiry. I worked with Zak from Boze on this purchase. I will post pics when they are mounted on the car (6-8 weeks production time). The OEM wheels will go into storage. Word of caution: the Boze wheels are not cheap!!!

Registered
1998 Lotus Esprit V8
Word of caution: the Boze wheels are not cheap!!!
Way to protect the Novas, though you may want to keep tires on them should you ever decide to enter it in shows/concours, etc. I'd be willing to bet a clean set of Novas with the original finish would bring an eye-popping amount on bringatrailer right now. The set on the FB group for sale is about $6,500 currency adjusted before shipping charges from the UK and any customs charges, though the seller stated he would not ship.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Way to protect the Novas, though you may want to keep tires on them should you ever decide to enter it in shows/concours, etc. I'd be willing to bet a clean set of Novas with the original finish would bring an eye-popping amount on bringatrailer right now. The set on the FB group for sale is about $6,500 currency adjusted before shipping charges from the UK and any customs charges, though the seller stated he would not ship.
Yes, I will keep tires on them.
Having a second set allows me to avoid taking the Esprit to a 鈥渢ire shop鈥 just to replace the tires, and the potential hassles that come with the staff at said facilities. Now, I just need to take the wheels to them. I can place the spare set of wheels on the car while new tires are mounted. I look at the second set as an insurance policy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts