The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Beautiful car,congratulations! Love the steering wheel. Does anyone know what brand it is?
Steering wheel is an Evora model.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,327 Posts
Beautiful car,congratulations! Love the steering wheel. Does anyone know what brand it is?
In post 17, he said it was an Evora steering wheel. (Gotta have the proper Lotus logos, don'tcha know)

You can search for needed parts for this modification (or, an Elise wheel).
First stop: JAE Parts, who may have adapters in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Seems curious in the pics that the driver side rear 1/4 window has the "Esprit V8" logo (etched in the glass for the FE I believe), while the passenger side has "Esprit" but no "V8." I've seen some FE's that have the "V8" script and several that don't, but they were all the same both sides. Interesting. Lotus does like to keep us guessing it seems.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
In post 17, he said it was an Evora steering wheel. (Gotta have the proper Lotus logos, don'tcha know)

You can search for needed parts for this modification (or, an Elise wheel).
First stop: JAE Parts, who may have adapters in stock.
Great information, sorry it took so long to reply

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I noticed that as well. Didn't bother me enough to pursue it. So the script is etched in the glass? Interesting....maybe my guy was just lazy that day and couldn't complete the job.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
I noticed that as well. Didn't bother me enough to pursue it. So the script is etched in the glass? Interesting....maybe my guy was just lazy that day and couldn't complete the job.
Etched for the FE only. This shows FE delta's.

It may in fact make your car unique. I believe Lotus has been known to use up their old stock parts before switching over to the new ones. Another possibility is that one of the windows has been replaced, although it's hard to imagine why with a car in that excellent condition.

Reactions: Seraph

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I"ll run my finger across it to see if it's etched.....

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
what brochure is that?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
It's the Esprit Final Edition (aka Final Run) brochure.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I need to find one

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
my rear window glass is etched with the Esprit script. the passenger side does not have the V8 etching. interesting....

21 - 32 of 32 Posts