The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm going to be doing a brake job on my '05 Elise next Sunday, April 22nd. I'll be changing out rear rotors, pads, flushing fluid - and possibly changing front pads as well (I'll decide once I get in there).

I know there's a lot of owners that have never done this before (and I know there's a lot of you that are aces at it too...) , and I thought maybe you'd like to see how it's done. I'm not the best mechanic in the world - but on the other hand, this isn't the hardest project in the world!

The whole process should take a couple of hours and we'll probably start mid morning. I'm fairly centrally located in Park Ridge...

So anyone interested? Post/RSVP and I'll give you more details on address.

Cheers!

Erv.

·
He's on fire!
3,087 Posts
I might show up just to say hello. Send me some details

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I wanna come!! I have been hoping to see this process. let me know when you have details. ;) have fun Erv!!

seriously though, this is cool of you to do for everyone.

T.J.

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanna come!! I have been hoping to see this process. let me know when you have details. ;) have fun Erv!!

seriously though, this is cool of you to do for everyone.

T.J.
Thanks TJ! Just trying to help out the community a little - but you know where I'm coming when I need my clutch replaced! You are the Lotus mechanic genius. :bow:

·
Registered
668 Posts
hey guys... i know this is a late reply.. but i want to thank ervsch for taking the time to show me how the brakes are done on his lotus. i thought more people would show up :) this was a great opportunity to learn more stuff about LOTUS.

well, i am planning on showing up to all his garage meets. i know he was talking about one that has to do with track. " things to check and fix before track day " that should help some of the members.

again thanks :)

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Marius -

It was great meeting you - glad to share some knowledge.

Yeah, I was hoping on more of a turn out too - but then again I only posted a week before. So, next time I'll give more notice.

This is something that Lotus Corp as a club is going to try to do on a more regular basis. So, if it's not me, it will be someone in the Chicago area. Watch the Lotus Corp events thread.

And, we're all a community here, if anyone else is doing anything interesting why not do like I did - post an invite? Either to teach - or to enlist help. There are a lot of people in the Chicago region that'd be glad to lend a hand too.

Cheers!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
I just watched the live streaming video of it.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts