The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is lhd, European spec. S2 Elise, blue, with Honda K20A 220 ps engine, LSD, 6-speed gear box, installed. this is personal car. Honda installation was by the SunSpeed Kit. Includes catlyst and OBD II connection. New radiator all aluminum, larger capacity and, improved fan. The VIN shows that it's a 2001 MY Link to photos and description - http://www.sunspeed.com/eliserepublic1.htm
Located - Los Angeles, Calif. Price - $25,000.00

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
pictures please? duh

·
Registered
52 Posts
also curious about registration/legal, pictures. Definitely interested!

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Given the username, I'm guessing it's one of the Sun cars.
:shrug:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
codymac said:
Given the username, I'm guessing it's one of the Sun cars.
:shrug:
... and if it is Sun, you can post questions all you want but they'll NEVER GET BACK TO YOU :wallbang: :wallbang: .

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
JWA said:
... and if it is Sun, you can post questions all you want but they'll NEVER GET BACK TO YOU :wallbang: :wallbang: .
........maybe one of the Joe M. conversions? ;)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I thought SunSpeed was the same thing as Sun International? (Where International was S1 stuffs, SunSpeed is S2 stuff?)

·
Registered
26 Posts
JWA said:
I got a very fast response to my PM, expect more info soon.

Just noticed this is the first time posting on the forum.:clap:

I've been reading for a good long time and finally plan on getting an elise this month!

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
eliseguy said:

I've been reading for a good long time and finally plan on getting an elise this month!
Congrats and welcome! Keep us up to date!

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
eliseguy said:

the ultimate luker winner!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
FYI: No imported Elise is street legal before the Fed Elise. None of the Sun conversions were legal. There are grey market Elises - absolutely NONE are legal. The question you have to ask yourself is: Can you get by without someone noticing and impounding your car forever? Because there is a chance that you will get a notice in the mail stating that the car is an illegal conversion and will be impound and crushed or exported.

Caveat Empor.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
FYI: No imported Elise is street legal before the Fed Elise. None of the Sun conversions were legal. There are grey market Elises - absolutely NONE are legal. The question you have to ask yourself is: Can you get by without someone noticing and impounding your car forever? Because there is a chance that you will get a notice in the mail stating that the car is an illegal conversion and will be impound and crushed or exported.

Caveat Empor.
+1

(sticking fingers in ears)
LALALALALALALALALALALA!

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
codymac said:
+1

(sticking fingers in ears)
LALALALALALALALALALALA!

you could end up putting a k20 in yours:).. I have 6 of them coming in the next shipment..:drool:

and Spec C RAR goods..:D

·
Registered
764 Posts
choi0706 said:
you could end up putting a k20 in yours:).. I have 6 of them coming in the next shipment..:drool:

and Spec C RAR goods..:D
Putting a different engione in a car that was originally cleanly registered is a completely different story from doing anything to one that was NEVER properly registered.

What I heard from Sunspeed years ago was that the Honda engine was legal. So the conversion would take your existing Elise, with whatever reg it had, and leave you with an Elise with that same registration. Since NO Elise before the Fed Elise was road legal, your not road legal Elise stays not road legal. It might gain a road-legal engine, but the car was never road legal in the first place.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts