The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale: a meticulously maintained 2006 Elise in laser blue. It's located in the Virginia/DC area. 16,300 miles currently.

I'm the original owner, the car has been serviced exclusively by the Lotus dealers (back when there were Lotus dealers) and Ferrari of Washington. Have all records. Nothing is worn out on the car, there are no nicks, dents or curb rash. It's ready for action.

Uniquely, the car has a seamless front clam with a lower-cut starshield that looks much better than OEM (see photo). I also have the original clam which suffered minor damage. All the black plastic exterior pieces are painted glossy black, which also looks much better.

Normal options:
  • hardtop
  • touring package
  • sport package (with fresh Lotus spec A048 tires)
  • rear toe link brace (dealer installed)
  • stainless steel brake lines (dealer installed)
  • braille battery
  • micromirror rear view mirror
  • Sector 111 bootie
Otherwise, this is a pure Lotus Elise. It has been to the track, but not since the economic collapse in '07, and everything that could wear out from back then has been replaced, including toe links.

I hate to sell, but I need to simplify my life. I don't really know what the going rate is, but seems $33k would be fair compared to what others are asking for higher mileage, less awesome cars. Send a PM with your email and make an offer if you think that's too high. Will sell at a fair market price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh. Of course, DC. WA is not a fantastic place to be buying a Lotus.
You can make an awesome cross-country trip out of it. I'll pick you up at Reagan airport. :shift:

PMs returned.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Flight: 300$, gas: 400$, 3000 miles in an Elise: priceless (Edit: damage to tailbone).

I'll think about it, but I suspect one of these gents will be buying it from you before I can make up my mind. :)

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Sweet car... nicely kept.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flight: 300$, gas: 400$, 3000 miles in an Elise: priceless (Edit: damage to tailbone).
Actually, for long-range trips I much prefer the Lotus seats to my Subaru. They're firm, but comfortable. My back gets sore after a few hours in the cushy STi thrones. Lotus introduced Probax seats in '06, they're great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
TaxCheat, where were you couple of years ago when I was looking for an Elise? Beautiful car, I love the color. I'm <100 miles down the road from you.

CodingParadox, if it's any consolation, the Elise I found was in Bellevue, WA, I'm in Richmond, VA, not exactly ideal geographically, but things don't always look ideal, I have no regrets.

Good luck to both of you.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I haven't seen a laser blue car in years, so I'm trying to decide if I like the color or not. Really I'd love Magnetic Blue, but with how few 06-07 cars are for sale these days, beggars can't be choosers...

I'm pretty much absolutely hating my day job these days, so taking a 3 day trip across the country actually sounds pretty nice. I'm thinking about this and a titanium silver one in NYC. This is the better car, the one in NYC is probably a slightly preferable color. Choices...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Love the color. When I was looking for a elige they had a laser blue exige with a cage and bunch of stuff for a good price considering the mods but it was out of my range. GLWS

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sold pending funds.

Thanks to all who expressed interest. The Lotus community is easily one of the best. I'm sure I'll be back eventually. Going to regret this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not big on Blue, but this one looks very nice w/LSS. Congrats to new owner! Plus, I share seller's sentiment....I miss mine already.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I haven't seen a laser blue car in years, so I'm trying to decide if I like the color or not. Really I'd love Magnetic Blue, but with how few 06-07 cars are for sale these days, beggars can't be choosers...
I have a Laser Blue in Portland and if it's not raining will be at the ridge with Hooked on Driving if you want to see it on the 15th of May

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.