The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Do these just install using the adhesive shown in the pic?

Do they fit Elise or Exige?
Yes and Yes. I know because I talked to the original creators of these when designing my own set.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
So clearly these are just visual and not functional - I'd assume that if there were any real downforce going on they would just rip off if they only mount using double sided tape.

Pictures of them installed would be cool as I'm curious to see how they look for $300

·
Registered
32 Posts
So clearly these are just visual and not functional - I'd assume that if there were any real downforce going on they would just rip off if they only mount using double sided tape.

Pictures of them installed would be cool as I'm curious to see how they look for $300
Don't know if it adds downforce or not but a search on google shows a couple of pictures and the manufacturer originally shipped with screws for mounting, so it's not just tape. I like them since they are unique and not every lotus has them. In fact I don't think I've ever seen one. Uniqueness is part of the coolness of driving a lotus IMHO. :D

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Uniqueness is part of the coolness of driving a lotus IMHO
Could not agree more!!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
FYI: Cantrell is mostly a race/service shop. They left the Lotus market to focus on Porsches. I can't say whether these actually work, but I highly suspect they were built with a purpose in mind other than asthetics.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
FYI: Cantrell is mostly a race/service shop. They left the Lotus market to focus on Porsches. I can't say whether these actually work, but I highly suspect they were built with a purpose in mind other than asthetics.
They work, Cantrell had the proof for it at one time...you can call him still and he will tell you what he remembers. If you google and put lotustalk.com at the end of the google search you will come up with Cantrell side skirts as an option. If these were legal in autoX I would have made my design based and been using them, since they were based on Cantrell's idea, and I was given permission to do so. But they aren't...and I have misplaced my blueprints...go fig. :shrug:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a set of these I purchased a couple years ago. Never got around to installing, but I recall that it was suggested to use screws for installation. I think there was a post with pics if someone is inclined to search

1 - 13 of 13 Posts