The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 432 Posts

·
Alpaca Wrangler
139 Posts
Interested in the black one. Can I do this one myself or do I need to be like a watchmaker with his tools to remove the dial needles? I have an older BMW and it's almost impossible to remove the needles.

·
Elise Driver
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The good news is, once you take the cluster out of the car, it takes 1 minute to pop off the lens and dials.
The bad news is, I already sold the black face, now I have the red and yellow...

·
Elise Driver
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I am getting bombarded with PM's for the black face. Looks like I have to place another order for more! I'm not really surprised, it took me a lot of time, money and patience to get them made; you will really think they are OEM.

Anybody can PM me what color they want + PayPal $100 = and in about a month it will be in your mailbox

·
Elise Driver
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My car has no interior right now, but I will try to connect the cluster tonight so I can take a picture.
This should fit the Elise and Exige before the new black cluster was introduced in 2008.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ditto on the awesomeness. Why didn't somebody think of this before for the '05s?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I am certainly in for a black faceplate.

Does the speedo say "MPH" or KMH? I can't tell. I'd definitely prefer MPH. Is that possible on this next run?

I like the lack of Lotus emblem. Cleaner / "less is more" as far as I'm concerned.

THANKS! :bow:

PayPal email address?

Also, can you post a pic of what this looks like at night / illuminated?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Yeah, it's definitely labeled km/h, but the scale goes to 160, which is the mph scale (160 kmh = 99.4 mph). Does not compute.

I'd probably take a black one if you do another run and fix the label.

1 - 20 of 432 Posts