The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Larini se has approx. 4000 miles to its pipe and was never tracked. It is in 4000 mile condition, meaning very good.
I bought it new from Sector111 in late 2007 to replace the oem boat anchor. I am selling it because I wanted something a bit quieter and more
refined. The Larini SE pops and burbles off throttle and roars to redline on throttle. It is my favorite exhaust, but I moved on to something
quieter. I purchased the Larini sport 8" from S111. The Euro-grille reflectors were removed.
Larini SE: $600 shipped (weight 14.8lbs)
Larini Sports Exhaust System - SE Style for the Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111

European grilles: $125 shipped
Euro-style Grill for Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111

Payment: -personal check
-bank check
-money order
-Paypal

-Robert

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
PM sent for the grills

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I sent you an PM that I will take the grills. Have not heard back from you yet. Just wanted to post here as I am going out. Send me your address.

I prefer email. it is tony *****at***** lotusowners (you know what)

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Am I getting the grills ?

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
so these are both gone right????
[/I]

I am supposed to have bought the grills. He PMed me saying the original buyer backed out and that I could have the grills. I PMed him back and asked for his address to send a check.

That was several days ago and I have not heard back from him. I dont have a clue what is going on.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'd take both if they are still available...

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I dont know what is going on here with this seller. He has not responded to my PM asking him to send me his address so I can send the money. He said I can buy the grills...but no response at all.

I am withdrawing my offer to take these Euro Grills. I just dont feel comfortable with the lack of communication. Now there may be a very good reason, but lacking that I dont see where I have any choice.

Edit...checking his profile, it says he has not been on the site since 4/30 so I really dont know what is going on.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I dont know what is going on here with this seller. He has not responded to my PM asking him to send me his address so I can send the money. He said I can buy the grills...but no response at all.

I am withdrawing my offer to take these Euro Grills. I just dont feel comfortable with the lack of communication. Now there may be a very good reason, but lacking that I dont see where I have any choice.

Edit...checking his profile, it says he has not been on the site since 4/30 so I really dont know what is going on.
Better that you had not sent money before the drop in communication.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I finally received a request today for a check from the original poster. This is what I replied. Dont know what else to say. I was ready to buy, but these things happan. I just wanted all to know it was not my normal behavior to say I will take something and not take it.

Re: Euro Grills

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets make this real clear so there is no misunderstanding. I am a man of my word and live and die by it.

I sent you one or two PM's asking for your address. I got nothing in return. I posted to your post about the grills being for sale that I had not heard from you. I asked on the thread that I did not know what was happaning. That you had not got back to me. I questioned others that posted on the thread if they knew anything. I posted and asked if there was something wrong.

I received nothing from you till today and still dont have your address.

Please sell these to one of the others that want to purchase them.

No hard feelings....I just decided with the lack of communication, and realizing there might be a very good reason, but I will pass.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Each Cloud has a silver ......

I saw all the threads and saw a potenial danger as some of you also saw. However, I decided to give Robert Horsey the benefit of the doubt and suggested that after his lecture on LT ( from Y'all ) that he could work with me on the Larini SE and Euro grill combo. We agreed on a price, sent the payment. and today it showewd up with all expectations fulfiled.

Robert ..... thank you.. Nice job on the packaging, and you showed much care in the shipping.... deal was great.

Robert Horsey is a good guy in my book.

Regards
:clap:
Jim G

1 - 17 of 17 Posts