The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
If you add your hardtop to the deal you should be able to get $1,475 for the both of them:)

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
SCCA types may want them for parts. For example the pipe from cat to muffler can could be useful to those making a custom exhaust. Maybe the tips too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll give you 30 bucks + shipping. If you have a hacksaw I only want the flange and the last 5-6 inches of the tip.

·
Registered
588 Posts
seems like such a waste to have a good working exhaust and only get $30 for it.
you might be able to sell it overseas if it fits on their cars.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
If you have storage...wrap it up and put it away.

There is very little market for a stock exhaust with cars being new. In 5 years, there will be a market for it and I guess you will be able to get $200 for it then.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Randy Chase said:
If you have storage...wrap it up and put it away.

There is very little market for a stock exhaust with cars being new. In 5 years, there will be a market for it and I guess you will be able to get $200 for it then.
I agree with Randy.....also, if you ever want to sell the car,the buyer may prefer to have it returned to stock.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
pianomaniac said:
I agree with Randy.....also, if you ever want to sell the car,the buyer may prefer to have it returned to stock.
At the least I always like to see that I could return it to stock.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I'm sure the standard exhaust from Lotus as as expensive as the stage 2. Better to just keep it.

BTW> Does this stage 2 exhaust have any effect on emissions, ie will a stage 2 still pass smog. Imagine it would

Chris

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I'm sure the standard exhaust from Lotus as as expensive as the stage 2. Better to just keep it.

BTW> Does this stage 2 exhaust have any effect on emissions, ie will a stage 2 still pass smog. Imagine it would

Chris
Since the exhaust is behind the cat,it has no effect on emissions.....only sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts