The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came off my Exige. I don’t know how many miles it has. I don’t even know if it works. When GAWR came out with his cluster I jumped on it right away. And I stored this in my basement for years. So I can’t remember anything about it. It is in good condition. No crazy scratches. Buy at your own risk though because like I said I don’t even know if it works and I’m not going to plug it back in my car to test it. Since I can’t remember anything about it; I’ll let it go at a cheap price of $150 shipped anywhere in the CONUS.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Looks nice but am wondering if you remember what the mileage was when you removed it since it will probably display that whenever someone decides to plug it in and use it.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice but am wondering if you remember what the mileage was when you removed it since it will probably display that whenever someone decides to plug it in and use it.
Sorry I really don’t. I went through so many gauge clusters because mine kept dying. Thank god the warranty covered it when it was still under warranty. Hence I bought the GAWR Unit as soon as it came out.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
FYI - if it helps - Most of the failures in the guages were due to bad solders. There used to be a forum member that offered to re-solder the dash if you shipped it to him (search it out). I did this on my 06 Elise and it worked GREAT.

So -as op said, buyer be ware - but, with some research, not all bad dashes are truly dead.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI - if it helps - Most of the failures in the guages were due to bad solders. There used to be a forum member that offered to re-solder the dash if you shipped it to him (search it out). I did this on my 06 Elise and it worked GREAT.

So -as op said, buyer be ware - but, with some research, not all bad dashes are truly dead.
Thanks for that info mate!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts