The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a boe st5 exhaust that’s a little too quiet for my liking.

looking to trade for a boe silent touch or another over diffuser exhaust that is louder than the st5 and quieter than the quarterstick.

This exhaust might benefit from a repack. If you shake the exhaust left to right, you can hear the packing material. Not sure if this is normal, but I didn’t notice any rattling while driving or at idle.

asking $600

located in south san francisco, ca

·
Administrator
1,551 Posts
You do know that the ST-5 has packing that is replaceable when it gets too loud . Have you thought about just removing some packing? Or are you looking to get shiny new muffler?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do know that the ST-5 has packing that is replaceable when it gets too loud . Have you thought about just removing some packing? Or are you looking to get shiny new muffler?
the st-5 is too quiet for me. I want the st, which is a tad louder.
Per BOE, the st-5 is also not straight through and not recommended for street applications on supercharged cars.

·
Administrator
1,551 Posts
The reason they don't recommend for SC cars on street is that you will have to replace the scrabble more often to maintain db level. Since you're looking for a louder exhaust that should be no concern. I only track a few times a year and the car is play car so as I'm not DD driving not worried about having to rebuild. I've got around 2500 miles on it since installing and it's held up fine with REV300. I wanted to keep the db down unless WOT and the ST-5 does that well.

Reactions: brandobot89
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.