The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2005 Elise a few weeks back with a hardtop. Since I live in a rainy place, I don't see myself getting much use out the softtop, so I figured I'd sell it. This is a touring soft top (offering the extra layer of insulation) and looks good as new. The one downside is that this does not include the center rails or the carrying case (not sure why, the dealership did not include them). The rails can be had for $25/ea from Lotus Garage, the carrying case for $37. I am asking for $600 shipped for the top alone. Feel free to ask any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm the other way around - I rarely use the hardtop, it's basically lived in the attic for the year since I got the car. I might throw it on for the depths of winter this year, but the softtop lives on the car, even when it's raining, for me. (Redmond, WA resident.)

·
Registered
425 Posts
For the most part the car doesn't live outside, but yeah, I drive with it in the rain sometimes. It drips very slightly (like 5 drops an hour) under heavy rain from one side, I need to figure that out at some point. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
You use the ragtop in the rain? I've heard that doesn't work too well...
well... that is what it's for!

Mine doesn't leak and I don't have a hard top so it is on the car most of the time (now six years old too and still looks good!).

As for selling yours I understand that you don't use it - but unless you plan to keep the car forever not having it will impact on any future sale as a potential buyer will most likely want a soft top. :shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts