1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm in if it will work...and Jay you can install it. :bow:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It sounds cool, but the question is, will it be substantial enough to cool the air much. Too thin, too little surface area, etc., and it won't be very effective.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Hey guys...it's ah comin...

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4155946&postcount=53

jlitman said:
UPDATES:

Okay, here's the deal.

After looking under my hood, they were 100% certain that they could get this to fit and work quite well based on their experience with the JRSC.

I will most likely be bringing them my car in April. They'll need my car for a week and will be fabbing either a large single core (~60% efficiency) or if they can find room a dual core (~88% efficient). Either way, you are looking at a nice gain in power -- laminovas are more efficient than standard A2W cores, which are at best, ~75% efficient, and it will be a vast improvement over no intercooling, which is what we all currently have.

As the prototype, it's going to cost me a bit more than it will for you guys (and I'm having them do the installation too), but they think they can keep the costs right around the RSX kit, which is under $1000 for the manifold+laminova(s) and another $225 or so for the water pump, lines, etc.

Once the prototype is made, they can CNC the needed parts for modifying your manifold, and have a quick turn around for customers.

Gains on a 200 whp motor should be on the order of 20-25 (10 -12% gain) whp, but it will depend on how much you are putting down to begin with and also whether or not they can fit a dual core in there. We'll be getting dynos for sure.

If anyone is chomping at the bit, and wants to see about pre-paying LHT for a kit to try to get a GB going (assuming LHT is also cool with this...) PM me. If everyone feels strictly wait-and-see, well, then wait and see :)
If/when he posts good gains, you supercharged guys should join along with the Celica group buy to ensure the service has enough interest!!!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
It sounds cool, but the question is, will it be substantial enough to cool the air much. Too thin, too little surface area, etc., and it won't be very effective.
Agree there. Fitment sure looks nice - would like to see the charge temps in/out.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Well, jlitman is in Florida, so a Lotus tester would have to go to LHT in Florida.

But it's not like him pushing big numbers on his built 2zz in his Celica that runs around as much boost as ronin (just in automatic form) would be a good way to test out the cooling capacity/limits of the thing... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yes, but the cooling on it will be completely different due to the diferences in the vehicles. Based on where they would install it on the lotus it could easily change the temps. Just needs some real life testing and data logging is all.

Looks promising at least.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Anyone know the diameter, length and number of Laminova cores they intend to use?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts