Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
I found this mess on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Esprit-Esprit-Turbo-Lotus-Esprit-Turbo-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ170195418173QQihZ007QQcategoryZ116482QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What kills me is that every car this clown has listed looks like a victim of the 1982 J.C. Whitney catalog. Everything but Winky the Cat.
Wow. I'm glad I checked out his other auctions - they might be worse thatn the esprit. This is my favorite:

The upside down Z06 brake duct over the rear fender is my favorite!

Matt

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Maybe they are just stick-ons and can be removed without damaging the paint.

Maybe...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the centered Lotus logo on the side sill ... a beautiful design touch there!

WTF people?
I liked the portholes (2 different styles). Hmmm, GM owned Lotus, and so maybe this one was a "captive import" sold by Buick. :shrug:

Also, he used the same crappy seat covers in the Ferrari and the Kelmark, and a red set in the Scorpion. Must have bought the three-pack.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hey, I'm the high bidder on that car!
Not for long!! :evil:

Wow. I'm glad I checked out his other auctions - they might be worse thatn the esprit. This is my favorite:

The upside down Z06 brake duct over the rear fender is my favorite!

Matt
that's just ridiculous! rotfl

Yes, the centered Lotus logo on the side sill ... a beautiful design touch there!

WTF people?
I think I'll do that to my car

That is attrocious. Someone please save it!

Let's call PETE! People for The Ethical treatment of Esprits (Elises, Exiges, Elans, Europas, etc)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
"Giorgio Giogiaro"..not sure who that is maybe a Giugiaro knockoff, anyway it looks like a Stevens example to me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone else notice how far forward the driver’s seat is in most of the seller’s cars? A booster cushion can be seen in a few photos also.

And another odd observation of mine is many of the cars look like the front suspension has been lifted. My first thought on the DeLorean’s nose up attitude was the engine has been pulled … and then I remembered where the engine should be.

Clearly I am spending way too much time online.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts