The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I put on a set of BFG Sport Comp 2 tires to replace the horrible all seasons that came with the car. $480 installed, with a 340 treadwear rating, as well as #1 ranking in the UHP summer class on TireRack. 205/45/16 front and 225/45/17 rear, with no rubbing issues.

I took the car up to the mountains with the local Lotus group, and was pleasantly surprised with how well they performed. I was able to keep up with the guys running super sticky tires, which is good enough for me. Obviously on a racetrack it will be no comparison, but you don't need anything more on the street IMO.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I ran these on another car and they are great tires. I got about 35k out of them. Definitely no comparison between these and r1r or sticky tires but like the OP said, it's all you need for the street.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Last week I put on a set of BFG Sport Comp 2 tires to replace the horrible all seasons that came with the car. $480 installed, with a 340 treadwear rating, as well as #1 ranking in the UHP summer class on TireRack. 205/45/16 front and 225/45/17 rear, with no rubbing issues.

I took the car up to the mountains with the local Lotus group, and was pleasantly surprised with how well they performed. I was able to keep up with the guys running super sticky tires, which is good enough for me. Obviously on a racetrack it will be no comparison, but you don't need anything more on the street IMO.

TachItUp,

I trust you sooo much, I just placed an order for these myself.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I want these for my Focus st as the goodyears last for crap.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
What tire pressures are you running with these tires?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
cool, will try this.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I too just put on the comp 2 but have the 245/40/17 on the back for mine.

agree with the op that they seem good value for the money though i doubt i'll get 35k like one of the posts here.

running 26/29 pressure too and the car seems balanced for the street with my suspension set up.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Had them on the car a while now.

As good2go said in the thread http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91...nce-bfgoodrich-g-force-sport-comp-2-a-120895/

I had these tires also: verb good handling for the streets, spirited driving and even wet weather. However, traction dropped dramativally and felt greasy after a couple laps on the track and auto cross. I had them for about 30K+ miles, would buy them again only for street driving.
I did an open track day yesterday, and you could definitely feel the tires get greasy.
To their defense, based on my driving, I don't think Penske will be calling anytime soon.
and

I put 35k miles on these tires for my last car. They are good for the price. The rubber seems decently soft compared to other tires in its category but they never built drivers confidence for me. I always feel like they are a bit unpredictable. They are great for the street but IMO I would not bother doing a track day on them.
I agree with Nessal, on the street they give more than legal traction, but never with the confidence that I am craving.

sort of reminded me of this

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts