Registered
2,998 Posts
Should be titled...

"NO BRAINS, NO PAIN"

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
P-chop.

I've shot photos, rebuilt motorcycle suspensions, broken fork bottoms, and done stoppies in my day - I ain't buyin'.
;)

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Check out the right fork tube! How can you not torque the front axle, have the seals blow straight down, and keep the front bars straight? Plus, no gloves! :panic:
You mean left.
;)

Plus it's still compressed and the triples would have to have failed as well. That or the right fork tube would have to have folded and there's no way in hell that's going to happen under those loads while someone is holding the bars straight (like you said). Also, where's the oil? The oil that comes out of a motorcycle fork sure doesn't look anything like that.
:)

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
P-chop.

I've shot photos, rebuilt motorcycle suspensions, broken fork bottoms, and done stoppies in my day - I ain't buyin'.
;)
I'm unsure. I've been faking things in Photoshop for a living since 1.0. I don't see a lot of evidence of fakery here.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I did mean right (from the rider's POV). To bend a fork tube like that in a stoppie, I'm not saying it isn't possible, and have it not move the bars at all is not very believable.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I'm unsure. I've been faking things in Photoshop for a living since 1.0. I don't see a lot of evidence of fakery here.
+1. There's no way that's a fake. I'd be willing to wager a substantial sum of money on it.
The why is the left fork stanchion still compressed within the tube? Where's the fork oil? (Hint - used, it will be as black as space).

Ever hold one in your hand? I don't see it bending under that load.
Time for a poll or a snopes witch hunt!

Lambda_drive, source?

Here's how they usually go (Christian Pfeiffer).
;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The why is the left fork stanchion still compressed within the tube? Where's the fork oil? (Hint - used, it will be as black as space).

Ever hold one in your hand? I don't see it bending under that load.
Time for a poll or a snopes witch hunt!

Lambda_drive, source?
Oh, I stand by my statement.

things that are next to impossible to fake:
shadows.
fluids.
reflections.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Oh, I stand by my statement.

things that are next to impossible to fake:
shadows.
fluids.
reflections.
Me too.

I see a shadow on the front fender that wasn't touched and having seen the inside of lots of forks, I don't see any fluid attributable to a motorcycle fork or bits of the end cap, which is a honking big chunk of aluminum.

I don't fake photos for a living or anything though - I'm just a slacker that's been around bikes his whole adult life, took his art degree in photography, and partially paid for school by running their computer graphics lab. (Oddly enough, computers paid better than art!)
;)

Fun? Yes. Real? No.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I had a 2003 ZX6R. There is a way that I can see this happening. If the lower brake carrier/cap that holds the two caliper bolts cracked under stress, it would release fluids because the cap is glued to the fork tube. The brake pressure from the master cylinder would hold the caliper on the disc. But, that kind of fork tube bending on the other side ... still hard to believe.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Me too.

I see a shadow on the front fender that wasn't touched and having seen the inside of lots of forks, I don't see any fluid attributable to a motorcycle fork or bits of the end cap, which is a honking big chunk of aluminum.

I don't fake photos for a living or anything though - I'm just a slacker that's been around bikes his whole adult life, took his art degree in photography, and partially paid for school by running their computer graphics lab. (Oddly enough, computers paid better than art!)
;)

Fun? Yes. Real? No.
Fair enough. From a photoshopping point of view, if it's fake, it's beyond excellent. The right fork is skewed, the dirt shield (what do you call that thing? the thing that keeps water from flying everywhere - a fender?) is shifted from touching the left fork. The fluid looks correct & doesn't have anomalies from sniping it out of some other picture (especially in the fine mist area). The reflection on that dirt shield thing is correct. The shadow where the wheel touches the ground is correct .

That's a lot of minute BS for a photoshop job.

but hey, anything's possible & I've been wrong before, but I don't think I'm wrong this time. ;) (of course I don't - I'm the one saying it. hehe)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Doesn't look fake to me. Too many reflections/fluids/shadows.

I would like to see the follow-up photo, where he does a faceplant into the pavement with no helmet.

Darwin at work.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Fair enough. From a photoshopping point of view, if it's fake, it's beyond excellent. The right fork is skewed, the dirt shield (what do you call that thing? the thing that keeps water from flying everywhere - a fender?) is shifted from touching the left fork. The fluid looks correct & doesn't have anomalies from sniping it out of some other picture (especially in the fine mist area). The reflection on that dirt shield thing is correct. The shadow where the wheel touches the ground is correct .

That's a lot of minute BS for a photoshop job.

but hey, anything's possible & I've been wrong before, but I don't think I'm wrong this time. ;) (of course I don't - I'm the one saying it. hehe)
Plus I cannot find any tool marks in any channel at any magnification. That is very uncommon.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts