The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I think there's a greenish tinge in the car's color, possibly due to the reflection of the blue sky and water? It certainly doesn't look like any other saffron image I've seen, though.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I think you got duped, Jenn. It looks like lightning to me, too. Plus, it's not a 111R, and those are the only models in saffron so far...Gorgeous pics, though!

Cade

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The old style soft-top, exhaust tips and diffuser gave it away as being a early S2... geez, getting to know these cars pretty well, notice it right away. Thanks there nice pics, anyway.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Some of you guys are wrapped way tooooooooo tight where colors are concerned. Seeing all the agonizing over subtle shading etc in numerous threads makes me wonder if somethings wrong with me (don't answer that ;) )

It took me all of 5 minutes to decide on ardent red. I guess basically since the car looks outstanding in almost every color (would'nt personally want krypton, aztec, star midnight or aubergine)

makes for an easy choice.

Jenn, the hell you'll stop posting here, I won't let you:p

We still have to plan are meet up at LOA when cars get here. gorgeous pics of a YELLOW elise (no debate on that point is there guys?)
Chris

·
Registered
963 Posts
Nice photos, and John Gruden has his nickname on the plate too!

GO BUCS! 2004! :)

It does look like SY to me. :confused:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks too dark for lightning, and resembles the other Saffron pictures that I've seen.

However, it is strange that the car has widely spaced tailpipes and no fender reflectors. Not to complain too much, but I much prefer that look to what we are getting. But it's not that big a deal.

·
Registered
963 Posts
jml1952 said:
Looks too dark for lightning, and resembles the other Saffron pictures that I've seen.

However, it is strange that the car has widely spaced tailpipes and no fender reflectors. Not to complain too much, but I much prefer that look to what we are getting. But it's not that big a deal.
Well, since you can see the soft top goes so far back, that's an older Elise. Still looks hot though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You pepole are all freaks. :)

Do you really think that from a photograph you can tell subtle color differences? Really? Do you know whether it was film, slide, or a digital camera? Do you know if its been photoshopped? Do you know if the camera has auto white balance turned on? Do you know the aperture of the lens? Do you know what time of day the photo was taken? Do you have any other color reference in the photo?

No? You don't?

Well then, its going to be literally impossible to tell Yellow from Saffron from Lightening from any other #FFFF00.

I can hardly tell Magnetic from Laser in some pics (indoor, outdoor, etc.) And its a sure bet that these two yellows are closer than most colors.

Steve

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
It took me all of 5 minutes to decide on ardent red. I guess basically since the car looks outstanding in almost every color (would'nt personally want krypton, aztec, star midnight or aubergine)

makes for an easy choice.
When I bought the Exige I had a choice of 4 cars I think. Two yellow, one silver, one BRG. One of the yellow's had the Motorsport brake package - decision made! I never thought I would own a yellow car, but now I do!!

Mine is Mustard Yellow. I can't remember what the color was of this S2 - but it was terrible when next to my car!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts