The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best pics, but like many others, I couldn't stand the honeycomb plastic inserts on the front of my 400. The uppers are the oem lotus ones from the 410, and the 3 grill inserts are custom. I think it's a dramatic improvement. I'll try to get a couple better pics tomorrow when it quits raining.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Can't really tell from pictures but did you cover the front clam radiator vents?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The upper vents? They are the oem mesh ones from the 410.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'll take your top egg crate vents for the price of shipping em :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looking forward to doing the same with the hood vents, sail piece and replacing the back glass with the louver.

I've tried to hate the front grille but I just don't. Maybe it would look better if it was gloss black but I don't hate the shape at all.

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
278 Posts
Not the best pics, but like many others, I couldn't stand the honeycomb plastic inserts on the front of my 400. The uppers are the oem lotus ones from the 410, and the 3 grill inserts are custom. I think it's a dramatic improvement. I'll try to get a couple better pics tomorrow when it quits raining.
I was thinking about doing the same thing! Just wasn’t sure how I wanted to do it. It looks great!
How did you do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Technically a shop did it for me while some other work was being performed. The honeycomb part has just been removed from the oem piece with a Dremel and then the mesh bent into shape and secured. Tedious but not crazy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only thing I'm not completely happy with is the shape/size of the mesh they used. I didn't get to see it before the work was done, and it's slightly bigger holes than the oem mesh thats in the upper vents and in the rear sail piece. I may source some that matches perfectly and redo it, but it's fine till winter.

·
Registered
400 Posts
At least with the egg crates, you can get a small vacuum hose in there to clean. Just don’t park under a helicopter dropping maple tree.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My wife always busts my balls for calling them helicopters!

Looking forward to better lit pictures, already looks like an improvement

·
Registered
379 Posts
Definitely an improvement

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Only thing I'm not completely happy with is the shape/size of the mesh they used. I didn't get to see it before the work was done, and it's slightly bigger holes than the oem mesh thats in the upper vents and in the rear sail piece. I may source some that matches perfectly and redo it, but it's fine till winter.
I think it is one of those UK/US things. I paid a hundred bucks for a piece of the Exige hatch mesh because I could not find the same size expanded mesh that they used. I am certain it is a standard thing over there, they just have a different 'standard'

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Those plastic grates were a key deterrent to me on getting a 400, but my 410 came with the wire mesh.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ill be posting up S1/410 upper mesh and 400 upper egg crates grilles soon.

Keep in mind GT430/ GT410 sport has mismatch grille material. Lower grille mesh Lotus uses is similar to what shop used in pictures above

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Reactions: Redsled
1 - 20 of 21 Posts