The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

For those that hate the honeycomb inserts on the 400...

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Redsled 
#1 ·
Not the best pics, but like many others, I couldn't stand the honeycomb plastic inserts on the front of my 400. The uppers are the oem lotus ones from the 410, and the 3 grill inserts are custom. I think it's a dramatic improvement. I'll try to get a couple better pics tomorrow when it quits raining.

See less See more
#8 ·
Looking forward to doing the same with the hood vents, sail piece and replacing the back glass with the louver.

I've tried to hate the front grille but I just don't. Maybe it would look better if it was gloss black but I don't hate the shape at all.

#9 ·
Not the best pics, but like many others, I couldn't stand the honeycomb plastic inserts on the front of my 400. The uppers are the oem lotus ones from the 410, and the 3 grill inserts are custom. I think it's a dramatic improvement. I'll try to get a couple better pics tomorrow when it quits raining.
I was thinking about doing the same thing! Just wasn’t sure how I wanted to do it. It looks great!
How did you do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Only thing I'm not completely happy with is the shape/size of the mesh they used. I didn't get to see it before the work was done, and it's slightly bigger holes than the oem mesh thats in the upper vents and in the rear sail piece. I may source some that matches perfectly and redo it, but it's fine till winter.

#16 ·
Those plastic grates were a key deterrent to me on getting a 400, but my 410 came with the wire mesh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.