The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who HAVE them: You're lucky !! Those who don't: Sorry Charlie........ This just in from the Company:

No luck getting glass bent , I have now been informed that they will not be
fixing their machine.. so we are closing multivex,
know anyone who can anneal glass?? want to buy a company, multivex is up
for sale.

robert is in idaho in a nursing home.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I sent an email off to Mike McCord ( I assume the owner's son )......if anyone might be interested ( in buying the company ) let me know.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
A shame. Best first mod ever.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Damnit to hell.

I'll share - kestrel sold me a pair he found laying around.

Was going to put them on Friday night. They were in a shoe box in my garage.

My mother in law was in town and borrowed my wife's car to go to Target.

You know where this is going....

So, if anyone is interested in Multivex Mirrors - I have a pair I can sell you. They are in about 428 pieces, but you can have them for dirt cheap!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Damnit to hell.

I'll share - kestrel sold me a pair he found laying around.

Was going to put them on Friday night. They were in a shoe box in my garage.

My mother in law was in town and borrowed my wife's car to go to Target.

You know where this is going....

So, if anyone is interested in Multivex Mirrors - I have a pair I can sell you. They are in about 428 pieces, but you can have them for dirt cheap!

nooooooo :thwack::wallbang::thwack: i like to say that dennis would't have my car there if i had these installed... :( lesson learned... now i am gonna buy a crappy round one to put over the original.. it will look like crap

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I am considering an investment, and i have them. They were a little weird at first but if you have an exige they are needed. The only concern is volume. I do not think they are sae certified.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I had a set on order for 6 months and finally gave up. They refunded me proptly by check.

Anyways I ended up getting a pair of somethning like these at autozone for 5$. Honestly they are great and have taken alot of the stress out of driving the exige. I wouldent own an exige without these. I am sure the MV mirror are preferable, but these do the job fine. They look fine stuck on the mirrors as well, though I am sure some will think they are cheesey.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
I bought a pair of these: ICU Applications | Round Wide Angle Convex Safety Mirrors

At 1.5" round they are the smallest that I could find and they match the diameter of the corners of the stock mirrors. I then removed the aluminum casing that they come with and mounted them directly to the mirror for a nice unobtrusive flush installation. They work great for showing the immediate blind spot, but anything further away quickly becomes too small to see.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Josh, those mirrors are so good they make your car turn upside down.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
Josh, those mirrors are so good they make your car turn upside down.
:) I'm working on it. I originally uploaded them as attachments, and then moved them to Dropbox, but the forum keeps displaying them upside down for some reason.

EDIT: Ok, fixed. Apparently there is an issue with photos taken on iPhones if you rotate it to landscape so that the volume buttons, which now function as the shutter, are on top. It writes things into the exif info that say that it's upside down so programs that respect those will flip them. Good to know.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Some clown at the dealership opened a bus door into my passenger side Multivex mirror and shattered it. I have been driving with these for over 100,000 miles and really use them. So much so that I have kept the shattered remnants stuck on there but it looks like hell - the middle section is completely missing :)

So, now that Multivex is not making them anymore - anybody got a right side Multivex or a pair they could sell me cos they don't like them or didn't install them, please send me a pm. Thanks!

.................. Gary

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,300 Posts
Honestly, we need a simple way to solve Blind Spot problem. I've bought an amazing side view mirrors which you can not only keep the view of the side of your own car , but also you can see the other lanes’ traffic situations. And They provide much wider view than the original ones. And surprisedly, the price is very reasonable. Compared with many other different mirrors (blind spot mirror,Double curvature side view mirror ), this mirror also eliminates the distortion reflections. Even can offer anti-glare function.

I do feel this mirror will help lots of people to solve this blind spots problems.

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. You can check the pictures to see what I’m telling you.

Trust me.

The more you can see.

The safer you will be.
No link or photos.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was actually thinking of BUYING the company when Robert died.....but there weren't enough Lotus cars around to make it worthwhile....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts