The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who have recently received their cars...

how long did it take from the time the boat landed until the car arrived at the dealership?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Is yours one of the recently invoiced at Autostrada?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Boy, I WISH I could respond to this thread!

But no car yet.

I can tell you that my car unloaded at Charleston Saturday 9/27

Hoping for an update from the dealer this week ... no idea when its actually going to get her though

Steve

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
II-soon said:
Yeah. It was even worse when I was thinking the car might arrive around two weeks after reaching port. While Lotus may get to that point eventually, things are going to be slow for a while. It's better if the rest of you keep your expectations low, and just be pleasantly surprised if your Elise makes it to the dealer quickly!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah...My dealer said 2 weeks from port to dealership. Of course I laughed when he said that.

Those of us on the west coast are also screwed because of the fiasco at the Long Beach port.

Last I heard my car is at port but still on the boat. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
huggy bear said:
So that SY, Sport Pack, Touring, Hard top invoiced several days ago isn't yours?
no sport pack for me.

but my car was supposed to hit land on Saturday. :clap:

·
Registered
971 Posts
atyclb said:
at this point I'm hoping for 3 weeks

:crazyeyes
Mine took five days from Invoice to Autostrada. Which means that I will have time to go get it this month and I won't have to wait until Thanksgiving.:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lumn8r said:
Mine took five days from Invoice to Autostrada. Which means that I will have time to go get it this month and I won't have to wait until Thanksgiving.:clap: :clap:
sweeeeeeeeet!

do you happen to know when your ship arrived at port?

as I understand it the car gets invoiced when it is about to leave the port.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Mine actually took 4 weeks, but it might have been sooner if the hurricanes didnt delay the cars from being shipped out.

Think it might be based on how close you are to the port and if their are a lot of dealers in your area. The truck that dropped off the cars at my dealer also dropped them off at other dealerships in the area, since it makes more sense for the car carrier company to get a full truckload at once.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts