The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all, I'm not related to this ebay vendor.

I got my scoops from them a month ago and installed them, fitment is great! Items are located within US. Free shipping and awesome customer service.

I got scoop grills separately from Chuck for about $40. All together $210 and I got a pair of awesome CF scoops!

Just here sharing the deal, not responsible for any issue :nanner2:

Lotus Exige Exige S 05-08 Direct Replacement Carbon Fiber Side Scoops Air Vents | eBay

·
Registered
168 Posts
Look nice - thanks for sharing!

I wonder how difficult (i.e., costly) it would be to buy the brackets to make these fit an elise... :shrug:

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
dude u can make brackets easy peasey!! like by a 5 dollar stick of aluminum and some speed washers.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I guess it's good for the customers? the more people making Carbon the cheaper it gets, soon say good bye to Chinese merchandise...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Unbelievable.. I ordered yesterday afternoon and the scoopes arrived at my door this morning(free shipping)!!!!!!+1 on service and shipping. I haven't open the box and check the quality of it though.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Doesn't fit 2010+?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
a different bracket may be required for you clam hinge folks. Still - unbelievable deal huh?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Unbelievable.. I ordered yesterday afternoon and the scoopes arrived at my door this morning(free shipping)!!!!!!+1 on service and shipping. I haven't open the box and check the quality of it though.
opened the box yet?????

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got them installed last night. It fit fine on the passenger side but not so well on the driver side. the top of the scoope couldn't line up correctly. I am going to take it off, adjust all the clips and try again. I don't have much experience about CF and not sure if they are 100% CF. there are 1 to 2 blurred pattern spots lead me to doubt if they are real CF. I could take detailed pictures when I take it off tonight. but Overall, they do look pretty good.

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got them installed last night. It fit fine on the passenger side but not so well on the driver side. the top of the scoope couldn't line up correctly. I am going to take it off, adjust all the clips and try again. I don't have much experience about CF and not sure if they are 100% CF. there are 1 to 2 blurred pattern spots lead me to doubt if they are real CF. I could take detailed pictures when I take it off tonight. but Overall, they do look pretty good.
It takes a while to adjust. took me and my buddy 1 hour to do both sides. I have my brackets from Chuck as well, those are made of abs plastic so it's a little flexible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts