The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear badge I got for Christmas, and am getting ready to take off the Lotus letter stickers and replace them with the badge. What is the consensus on whether to also remove the "Elise" lettering, and if so, what is the best way to remove that? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I have a rear badge I got for Christmas, and am getting ready to take off the Lotus letter stickers and replace them with the badge. What is the consensus on whether to also remove the "Elise" lettering, and if so, what is the best way to remove that? Thanks in advance.

Your call re removing ELISE, what do YOU like?

Common tip: when removing the Lotus letters, leave the 'T' (assuming you've the foil letters). That's where you want to put your badge. Easy way to center it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. For some reason, I thought the "Elise" letters were different than the foil stickers and not as easy to peel off. I will have to go uncover the car and look more closely.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Ahh, I think I misread your initial post. You were specifically referring to the Elise lettering. It seems to me that those letters would be harder to remove. I apologize for my mistake.

And if I may throw in my 2 cents, I have been thinking of removing "Elise" and replacing it with "111R." I really dislike that girly name. Post pics when you are done.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Remove the "Elise" too. Less cluttered. Ever see a Murcielago or F430 that has a factory "Murcielago" or "F430" badge on the body anywhere? I say take a lesson from those cars :D

For comparison, ever see the back of a Korean car? Say like a Hyundai XG350..... "Hyundai, Hyundai "H", XG350L, V6" Talk about too much information.

Just an aside, calling too much attention to a Hyundai XG350 is like having Sarah Jessica Parker putting lipstick on that huge "Wicked Witch of the East" mole on her chin. :D

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I like the clean look

P1010010a.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I thought about doing this to my 07 Exige S also, but if I remove the raised LOTUS letters and go with the badge; should I remove the Exige S decal also? This one is a tougher choice than the Elise decal because I like the name Exige much better than Elise. What is eveyone's consesus on this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a closer inspection, it looks like the "Elise" letters will peel off pretty easily, so I think I will remove that too. I agree the decision on the Exige is a little more difficult; I think it looks a bit better than the Elise lettering because it is at least centered under the badge.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I like the "111R" on the back, but it might clash with my license plate (also 111R ):shrug:

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Take it off. Car looks clean with one badge. Looks wrong with no badge (tried that too)

Here is pic of my car:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
People want something to read on your car when they cross the street in front or behind you.

You can see their mouth say "L-O-T-U-S."

No Lotus insignia or letters?

They'll shrug and say "Kit car." :eek:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
You might as well remove it, eveyone still asks what kind of car it is, even with it there.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
If people see the larger letters, they will tailgate closer to try and read it: not good.:no:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I thought about doing this to my 07 Exige S also, but if I remove the raised LOTUS letters and go with the badge; should I remove the Exige S decal also? This one is a tougher choice than the Elise decal because I like the name Exige much better than Elise. What is eveyone's consesus on this?
I would, to me the Exige S is too big. But I like a clean rear-end. No plastic bits, no little stickers.

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just removed the letters and the "elise" and replaced with the badge. I really like the look and place my vote on the cleaner appearance without the "elise". +1 on the comment regarding leaving the "T". It helps in centering the badge and getting the location correct. I used a hair dryer and my fingernail for removing the foil letters. I think it actually went better without the hair dryer because the extra heat made the adhesive more sticky in my case. Go to a hardware store or someplace and get some "goo gone" or equivalent to remove the residual adhesive left behind after removing the lettering, wipe the area down, put a good coat of wax on the panel, then place your badge over the remaining "T" after removing the "LO_US". Then, of course, post a photo of your car to show the result of your handiwork!

- Allen.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I would, to me the Exige S is too big. But I like a clean rear-end. No plastic bits, no little stickers.
I like the engine covers/grills? Did you fabricate them yourself or purchase?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts