The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a couple aesthetic changes I've made to my '07 Exige.

- Added 'Supercharged' decal under right side tail lights. Notice the "S" in supercharged is the same font and color as "S" on factory decal just above the exhaust. My local sign shop digitized the "S" from the front fender. The transfer decal is 9" long.

-Popped out radio display panel and replaced with black dimpled vinyl stretched over aluminum plate cut to fill the space. "Exige" was embroidered from digitized copy of lettering from seat back. I believe a radio in this car was dictated by the marketing department and not practical. I also have never liked the 'after market' look of the factory installed radio. I use blue tooth ear buds from my smart phone, so losing the radio was no big deal to me. To restore the radio, pull off embroidered panel held on with double sided tape and pop back in the original.

Larry

Attachments

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
@gillam - Very professional looking mods.

Consider editing your profile to add some background and information that will help others answer any future questions. You’ve probably got some Lotus neighbors here in Colorado :smile2:

Glen

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to show you a mod of the front splitter on my '07 Exige (before and after pics attached). I originally wanted to replace the front splitter with one that didn't have a license plate mounting shelf. However, I wasn't able to find something that didn't cost $800, carbon fiber, or wasn't the straight plank look. I like the shape of the original splitter but sans the license plate shelf.
Gave up looking and decided to take it to a local body shop that accepted the challenge of modifying the original. Of course, once the shelf was loped off, it needed to be reinforced and shaped to blend in. Cost was $500. More than what I thought, but happy with the result.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts