The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
"The 1995 Esprit S4s had a turbocharger that gave the inline-four 300 horsepower--and people in the auto business fall all over Honda Motor's (nyse: HMC - news - people ) S2000 roadster for cranking 240 horses out of a four-cylinder. "

Right, 240 all motor HP. *whatever* :rolleyes:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
"...Ziropoulos says Lotus is planning to bring another vehicle to America in 2006. "

Any ideas what this is? The Elise replacement is due around then, but this sort of comment implies a different model.

Gee, I havn't even gotten my Elise yet, and I'm already speculating about what's next... ;-)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I think Clyde said that Lotus is planning on bringing over a larger vehicle kind of like a replacement for the Esprit but not as sporty more of a "luxury" type sports car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The '06 Elise (or its replacement) is mentioned in the safety petiton, that you can read here:

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/thecar/body/fedexemption.html

It says:
Lotus plans to introduce the second generation Elise in late 2006. This vehicle will feature compliant headlamps, bumpers and advanced air bags.
I think this is generally going to be a "bad thing" becasue everything they're going to do to have to make the car actually U.S. compliant is going to detract from its asthetics and increase its weight significantly. So, just one more reason to get one now!

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts