The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question on the force fed 340 turbo kit.

I am located in Illinois and every few years after your car reaches a certain age, 4 years old i think, they make you run the car through emissions test.

Does anyone have any experience with this and emissions testing? Does the car no longer pass the test?

Also When adding this to an Elise what other modification would be good to do at he same time? Like for example I read adding an RTV brace is recommended when installing a katana Super charger. anything like this would be great.

Thank you

·
Registered
787 Posts
upgrades

You need to defintiely make some mods if you want things to last. RTB brace, engine mounts, oil catch can, exhaust hangers, Moroso 6 quart oil pan, Accusump and an engine damper are minimally need. If you are going to do track days then you need to add coilover shocks and a brake upgrade as you will be going faster and therefore will have more g-force in turns and more speed at the end of a straight. Look at my partial list on my profile. You can always come down to ABCC and see the car.

I'll be there this weekend in the Rahall Historic Races. PM me if you are coming.

·
Registered
787 Posts
That car is for sure the ForcedFed "mule"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts