The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Elise has been sitting in the garage for like 5 years now. It has FF 275 kit installed with a piggyback system. I also have the standalone thing and now i want to install it.

My garage guys said it would be great if the was some sort of manual for it. Just to repeat myself, the kit is already installed, but with piggyback. I need manual for standalone installation (the blue ECU block).

Would really appreciate, thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
EFI standalone install...

Hi Val-

Just saw your post here. I built all those Turbo systems for John before ForcedFed closed its doors.

The Standalone that he provided is a very good quality unit built by EFI.

It is serviced by Chris Valdez at DRS here in Southern California. I would strongly suggest getting hold of him for advice and help. He is one of the most knowledgable guys around when it comes to installing and tuning with this fine unit.

Failing this, I can get you in touch with Casey Horner - who was ForcedFeds chief installer and I am sure he could help you out with wiring it in.

Hope your install goes smoothly.Be sure and have your guys go back after you put about 250 miles on your system and re-torque the 8mm turbo to manifold nuts. This is an important step that will ensure that they seat and stay tight for the life of your car.

If you find that your installers have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will help if I can.

Sincerely, Jim :up:

·
Registered
76 Posts
EFI standalone install...

Hi Val-

Just saw your post here. I built all those Turbo systems for John before ForcedFed closed its doors.

The Standalone that he provided is a very good quality unit built by EFI.

It is serviced by Chris Valdez at DRS here in Southern California. I would strongly suggest getting hold of him for advice and help. He is one of the most knowledgable guys around when it comes to installing and tuning with this fine unit.

Failing this, I can get you in touch with Casey Horner - who was ForcedFeds chief installer and I am sure he could help you out with wiring it in.

Hope your install goes smoothly.Be sure and have your guys go back after you put about 250 miles on your system and re-torque the 8mm turbo to manifold nuts. This is an important step that will ensure that they seat and stay tight for the life of your car.

If you find that your installers have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will help if I can.

Sincerely, Jim :up:

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Val- You've got an old EFI 1.2.

It's not really a supported ECU anymore and has been replaced by the X2. Kris (DRS) and I (BOE) made a LOT of improvements to those setups/installations from the FF kit. Many firmware updates, wiring, configuration, etc....

I MIGHT still have a new or close to new wiring installations from the 1.2 days as I think we switched over to the X2 with us still having some of those 1.2 kits on the shelf... I'd have to check...

The blue box needs to be sent to EFI for internal hardware updates as the crank trigger was faulty and it was a few revisions later before it got sorted. It likely needs the internal battery replaced as well if it's a data logging unit. The splicing is extensive. You've got a some work in front of you.... DRS has a plug n play box that works for the X2, but it doesn't work with the 1.2 like yours unless you run an aftermarket dash as the 1.2 cannot drive the dash. the PnP box will eliminate the spicing, but again you have the dash issue.

Alternatively, you could just run the car on the stock ECU with BOE fastworks. Pros and cons to each....

-Phil

·
Registered
750 Posts
Val,

You probably have this sorted by now. If not, let me know how we can help. The VERY early 1.2 systems did not have exactly a faulty crank input, it was just sensitive to any end float on the crank at higher speeds. This was altered after the fact to accommodate this, but a relatively small batch of ECUs had an adjustment made to them that were too sensitive still. The reason for the sensitivity is because the original hardware was designed for a different trigger arrangement that was capable of 20k RPM with 0.25 deg accuracy for spark timing...overkill for the 2ZZ obviously.

As mentioned above, the X2 PnP version is the current EFI solution and is a totally new piece of hardware and has several revisions. You can get more info here DRS EFI X2 PnP ECU Tuning - Dynamic Racing Solutions

Thanks,
Kris

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm dealing with the exact same thing right now, there is little to no info on this. Hope u were able to sort this out.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There are alot of people that have done this on the board. if you post a picture of what you have for turbo setup and ECU we can help

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have what I believe to be a ff275 stage 2 turbo kit or some predecessor. I'm confident i have an efi 1.2 but having issues actually viewing and modifying the maps.

do I need a special login or setup to get all the stuff on the left side of the screen to appear?

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
You can email us the maps (located in the maps folder in Power to Win directory) and I can unlock them by removing the password and email them back to you.

Kris

I also have what I believe to be a ff275 stage 2 turbo kit or some predecessor. I'm confident i have an efi 1.2 but having issues actually viewing and modifying the maps.

do I need a special login or setup to get all the stuff on the left side of the screen to appear?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts