The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own what I believe is the last Forced Fed Turbo Kit existing. It is brand new and never been installed. It is complete minus engine management and injectors. I am willing to part with it for a quite reasonable sum. :)

If you have an interest please PM me and I will answer any questions I can for you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, PM received. I have had several inquiries so I am taking photos to post.

Should be up by Tomorrow.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics of parts

I took these last night, they are not too great but they convey the bulk of parts. Very comprehensive retrofit with really nice workmanship.

Lotus 275 T.K. layout..jpg

Lotus 275 T.K. layout #2..jpg

Lotus Turbo Manifold, 321 SS..jpg [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question:Where is this manufactured?

The question was asked about where the components in the kit were manufactured. They were all manufactured in Northern California by a very well known high-end Race fabrication facility, that was contracted by the now defunct ForcedFed company. The manufacturer is still building products.

That company still stands behind the product and is willing to honor the ForcedFed warranty. The manifold is 321 SS and carries a 5 year warranty against breakage/warpage.:shift:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is still available, the first guy that commited flaked and did not come through, so I held up the other guys that were interested - what is the deal with people these days???
Still the best high power option out there - bar none.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
So what was the price?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i would like to know a ballpark price too.i have no idea if i would be interested without some idea of what this kit would cost.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Power capabilities...

Casey at ForcedFed built and tuned literally dozens of these kits; he successfully (and repeatedly) made 240-250WHP with stock pistons. As important are the torque numbers; 175 ft. lbs at the wheel means about 65-70% torque gain over the stack N/A cars. This is with pump gas. And it is all in early and carries over the nose nicely. Superchargers have the drawback of the HP loss to drive the unit, and in that regard the Turbo has a leg-up on them. The other thing I see here is a LOT of money being spent to do the latest SC upgrade...with the turbo and a simple map switch, this unit will go from 7 to 14 lbs boost, and that is a complete game-changer as far as power, trust me. Talk to Fred Zust about big turbo power - he's got one. I have yet to see a SC that can do that trick!

The kit for sale here is with the Gt28r turbo. It will move enough air to make as much as 300 WHP with 1.8 liters - I've done it. Generally though, if you want to make 200 HP per liter or more, the RS or 3071 is a better choice. They will go well beyond what most people consider reasonable for the street.

All the support equipment in this kit is built for longevity, and as such is somewhat over engineered yet light weight. The exhaust is all 304 domestic source stainless steel, TIG welded. The cat is removable with V-Band clamps and a "TEST" pipe can be put in for track service. Everything fits really well, and the installation requires only one small bracket to be removed on the firewall. I also have a side exit exhaust available if you dont want the bottom exit one. I'll reduce the price $150.00 for that unit.

I am asking $4500.00 for the complete kit less injectors. Let me know if you have any other questions.:shift:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am asking $4500.00 for the complete kit less injectors. Let me know if you have any other questions.:shift:
If only I hadn't been impatient. I purchased a used FF275 kit from Forcedfed when they were first going through their "consolidation". It was advertised as a complete kit, but was hastily packaged, unlabeled, and looked to be just taken off the previous vehicle (read: dirt and oil throughout). I payed $5000.00 for the kit, and I'm still trying to find parts that are missing. So far I've had to add the oil pan, misc brackets, BOV, exhaust clamps +"test pipe", and the air filter. Since no documentation came with the kit, and nothing was packaged or labeled, I can't even be sure what was supposed to be with the kit, except for basically comparing my box-o-turbo-parts with the picture you posted. How depressing to see that I could've picked up this kit for LESS. :(

tldr; If you've ever considered the FF kit, this is a STEAL.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone in need of parts for these kits...

That is a shame; I think at the end of the road for FF, they could not provide the customer support that they carried out so well in the beginning. The down-turn really was a game changer for a lot of businesses. Pretty sad, as Casey and those guys really did have their act together as far as these cars are concerned...they are good, solid people.

FYI - I have duplicates of most everything included in these upgrades. As the contractor that built them for FF - I can help support people that need components and related items. Anyone that has wondered how to source the individual components (i.e. Manifolds, I.C., etc...) can drop me a note and I will let you know what I can do for you.;) Many of the items I have on the shelf.

Sincerely, Jim Dunford.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts