The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling off my FF380 turbo kit. Yes, it is a FF380 kit and not the FF275. Basically, that means it has the GT28RS turbo instead of the GT28R. This kit is used. It doesn't have that many miles on it, but it has been sitting for about 2+ years now (I've been in the process of doing a build for quite some time). There are no problems with the kit. I just decided to go a different direction.

It will come with everything needed to bolt on and go EXCEPT oil pan, fuel management, and a modified fuel system. It will include, roughly, a Garrett GT28RS - recently replaced with a rebuilt unit I'd say less than 500 miles ago, manifold, downpipe, test pipe, full exhaust, oil/coolant lines, intercooler, i/c pipes, blowoff valve, fan for intercooler, couplers, clamps, and air intake. You can check this thread for a picture of what the kit looks like new: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/forced-fed-turbo-kit-sale-82015/

I have attached a recent picture. Not the easiest to see as it is still bolted to the car, but you get the idea. There is oxidation on the manifold and flanges as one would expect, but there are no known cracks or anything like that. I'd just suggest you polish it before putting it back on if you are worried about it (that was my plan). Once it is sold, I will remove the kit and ship.

From the best I could tell, the last new kit (FF275) with the lesser GT28R turbo was selling for $4,500. I'm asking $4,000 obo for my FF380 kit. I think that is a pretty fair price considering the FF275 kit without the RS new was about $7,000 (and last sold for about $4,500), the MWR kit is about $6,000 plus shipping and the Radium kit with a GT28RS and the fan/shroud for the intercooler is $6,920 plus shipping. Shipping will be from Hawaii. I prefer to base shipping on the weight of the kit after everything is removed and packed. If you want to do a combined "shipped" price, maybe we can work that out. Please PM me with any questions.

I have sold a transmission, ACT clutch, half-shafts, and a BOE surge tank on here (and or NewCelica) and have had zero complaints. Also, if it makes you feel better, I'm an attorney so I'm not about to screw you and risk my license for ethical violations. :p

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Could you be more specific on fuel management

Ie does it come with injectors or what exactly is needed

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late response. This covers all the mounting and parts including oil/coolant lines. You will need fuel management (there are currently a lot of options for this and I'm leaving it up to you and your tuner). You will also need an oil pan and fuel injectors. I'm leaving the injectors up to you because I'm reusing my 700cc injectors. The kits came with 550cc injectors for reference. So, this is a full kit minus injectors, fuel management and an oil pan. I *think* you could get away with welding a fitting on to your stock oil pan if you don't want to upgrade to an aftermarket pan.

I see that MWR just sold a much less compete kit with the gt28r for $3,000. I'd consider that kit as not having fuel management. The Unichip system was terrible. Most owners switched rather quickly. Just an FYI (both to the new buyer and to those comparing that kit and mine). I am asking a little more for my kit because of the better turbo and the more complete kit. Feel free to send me reasonable offers.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Not 100%sure but did't the 380 require 9.0 pistons and sleeves that bumped displacement to 1.9L? 380 on a stock block sounds iffy. Just a question. Tommy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The original kit came with a built engine with increased displacement... It also retailed for $15,000+ if I remember correctly. Because I'm not offering everything, I was comparing the price with a FF275 kit. To clarify, the FF380 kit doesn't "require" forged pistons, etc. If you wanted to run increased boost levels and make more horsepower, it did. This is a kit that you can grow with. Turn down the boost to 7-8 psi with a good tune and you should be ok with a stock block. Crank the boost and you'll want a forged block.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Agreed, at 7-8 lbs and a good tune it should be ok. But the RS's potential is not met. Great upgrade if rebuilding a motor. Thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
More recently purchased 2 new kits for $4500 each. I do not recommend you try to buy new anymore as the vendor was problematic and outright dishonest.

Closest kit now would be Radium engineering for $6200. Very nice kit!!

The monkeywrench racing kit went for wayyyyyy too much money. Should have not been more than $1000 IMHO. Missing all kinds of parts, but what do I know?

·
Registered
578 Posts
This is true. With 7-8lbs of boost, EFI engine mgmt and the injector upgrade you'll get 275hp safely. Once addicted you can upgrade the engine and them turn the boost dial (also known as the money wheel cause then you'll need the new tranny!!)

The original kit came with a built engine with increased displacement... It also retailed for $15,000+ if I remember correctly. Because I'm not offering everything, I was comparing the price with a FF275 kit. To clarify, the FF380 kit doesn't "require" forged pistons, etc. If you wanted to run increased boost levels and make more horsepower, it did. This is a kit that you can grow with. Turn down the boost to 7-8 psi with a good tune and you should be ok with a stock block. Crank the boost and you'll want a forged block.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Yes and even at 275 the stock clutch will not hold with any hard launches. With any power upgrades there comes more upgrades! The dark path indeed!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll send you PM a little later today. I was on a different island all yesterday and did't have service for a large part of it. Sorry!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ttt

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump for the weekend.

·
Registered