The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far so good, very impressed, no heat soak that I could feel. Spray is triggered at 4 psi.

Haven't done laps yet, that's next on the agenda.

Pics to follow.

Yes, you need the EFI setup.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I was waiting for someone to put a water sprayer on an Exige. Ya think you'll kill the water in the tank too quickly having it set at a pre-determined boost level? Mebbe its better to have it set when XXX reaches XXX temperature?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the EFI setup there are a ton of variables that can be used to trigger the spray...I'm the test unit. So I'll report back on water usage.

But so far the heat soak affect seems to be eliminated, but track time will be the best test...I've only done spirited street testing so far.

The spray setup is virtually undetectable for those of you worried about CA visual on smog. I'll have to check with Casey at ForcedFed, but I'm pretty sure he can produce and EFI map that will pass smog.

If you looked at my Exige S right now, it visually looks 100% stock, not bad for a car that is producing almost 30%+ HP increase over stock -- it'll certainly leave a stock S 240 in the dust.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
That's cool. Post some video of it spraying!
I know the Evo and Subbie's IC water sprayer can use water or windshield washing fluid. Not sure if the Bay Area sees freezing temps, but if it does you might want to consider windshield washing fluid. Since windshield washing fluid has some sort of alcohol in it, i wonder if it would be more effective than water to help dissipate heat or vice versa.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I'll humbly suggest that he need not worry as much about heat soak during freezing temps.

xtn

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need not worry about freezing temps either -- the trend is California has been hotter, not colder as we globally heat up -- we had more record temps in mid May 105 degrees F -- for several days.

Not sure I can get a video of the spray since that would require I somehow mount a camera inside the intercooler air duct -- not to mention no lighting ;)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I'll humbly suggest that he need not worry as much about heat soak during freezing temps.

xtn
I was more conncerned about the tank/lines freezing if it ever goes below 32 degrees in the Bay Area. I don't live up there, so not sure if it does ever get that cold. I also wonder if using windshield washer fluid would help dissipate heat better than water... Can anyone confirm or deny if this works?

As for video, i guess you could take some video if you ever dyno your car.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See my sig, car has been dyno'd - several times. Water spray is to help maintain HP, it's not going to increase HP.

I'm gonna stick with Distilled water for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts