The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be running our R380 in the Redline Time Attack event in Fontana July19/20 and we've been doing some upgrades to provide alittle more power and consistency. They will be running the 2.8m full roval so we decided to upgrade our intercooler system to a liquid to air unit...new exhaust...new fuel system etc.

New intercooler....built by Bell

water pump for I/C

New exhaust...short..light...loud

This is our new fuel surge tank setup that we designed to cure the fuel starvation problems on high G left handers. It is designed to use the stock pump to feed fuel to the tank...then it uses an integrated Bosch motorsport fuel pump to feed the fuel rail. We will be testing this setup and if it works well we might offer it to some the hardcore track guys

I'll post some updates as I finish the car up...

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
The satellite-foil-golden tubes are the sickest thing I have ever seen. You should make some of those for the OEM i/c guys...i/c tubes and induction tube. Would go well with the gold heat shielding we've seen posted.

Nice setup. Would love to hear some sound clips of that little guy.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
ill be there in Fontana....cant wait to see it

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
im jealous. i wanna go watch.:drool:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Exhaust what is that looks more like a dump tube. But this should be a great fire spiting car lots of potential. Best of luck in proving that a properly sorted car will be more then capable at the track.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts